PDA

View Full Version : WWE Issues Apology, Triple H/ECW Heat, ECW At MSG

OMEN
09-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Sources: PWInsider.com, WWE.com

On ECW.com, Vince McMahon issued the following statement regarding the comment Matt Striker made over Steve Irwin's death during Tuesday's ECW show: "We at WWE apologize for the remark alluding to the death of Steve Irwin which was made on ECW on Sci Fi Tuesday night. The remark was, in the least, disrespectful to Mr. Irwin's fans and family." Its being said that Brian Gewirtz came up with the comment Striker said on Tuesday's ECW show. Although, it was submitted to Vince McMahon and he originally approved it.

There is some heat on Triple H for taking a shot at the ECW entity on Tuesday night. Upon entering the building at the beginning of the show, he said "Bingo!" ECW's original home, the ECW arena, held midnight bingo during its heyday. There is heat on Triple H for saying it because there was no storyline point in doing so. It is believed that he made the comment because his wife Stephanie is not a fan of the ECW project.

Paul Heyman and several Extremists say it will be a dream come true to perform in Madison Square Garden on Monday night. Heyman said, "As big as ECW's first pay-per-view, as big as ECW's first broadcast on cable television, as big as One Night Stand and ECW on Sci FI…ECW coming to Madison Square Garden is yet another milestone. "It's one that's rather emotional and overwhelming to me. As a kid growing up in New York, MSG is the center of the universe. There is no other arena on the face of the planet that I have dreamt of bringing ECW to. No brand or promotion besides WWE RAW and SmackDown has ever flown its flag in MSG; Ted Turner's WCW flag, despite all his millions, never flew there…but ECW will. I am so humbled…my breath is taken away by this miraculous godsend of an achievement for ECW." Click Here (http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/news/ecwatmsg) for the article.

Cage
09-07-2006, 09:41 PM
They should apologize for the Steve Irwin comment but then again, they knew what they were doing. When will people realise Vince and his cronies will do anything to piss people off?

As for HHH, that was pretty funny.

Swinny
09-07-2006, 10:17 PM
What exactly did Matt Striker say? I don't have Sci-Fi and didn't see ECW on Tuesday, can someone fill me in?

Kaz
09-08-2006, 05:57 AM
They should apologize for the Steve Irwin comment but then again, they knew what they were doing. When will people realise Vince and his cronies will do anything to piss people off?

As for HHH, that was pretty funny.

The Steve Irwin comment did not require an apology! It was harmless I don't see why people got offended... Yea maybe the time issue but come on everyone I know has made a comment like that this week...

Swinny he said that there is a reason you wont find him swimming carelessly with Sting rays in the ocean

wm22champ
09-08-2006, 06:08 AM
The Steve Irwin comment did not require an apology! It was harmless I don't see why people got offended... Yea maybe the time issue but come on everyone I know has made a comment like that this week...

Swinny he said that there is a reason you wont find him swimming carelessly with Sting rays in the ocean

I agree. A heel needs heat in order to stir the crowd against him, no matter how you get it. There's no way you can be edgy and then apologize for everything you do. you're just making yourself look like a punk. As a matter of fact, they can use this to boost matt striker as an actual heel instead of a pompous teacher. Plus, we had to sit through all those "Eddie Guererro's in hell!" comments, and I have yet to see an apology.

BINGO!!!!

Kaz
09-08-2006, 08:44 AM
A heel needs heat in order to stir the crowd against him, no matter how you get it. I agree with everything bar this... I think you can go too far and if you do somethings there should be an apology such as the Eddie Guerrero comments made by Randy Orton. But what Striker did was weak compared to half the things I've seen.

XXKSXX
09-08-2006, 06:43 PM
I think that the WWE didn't need to apologize but good that they did it was kinda dis respectful. But was not that bad. Whats wrong with HHH voiceing his opinion. He has the right not like it was that bad pluss gose with his gimmick. People can cry over the stupidest things. lol

the madscotsman
09-11-2006, 06:28 PM
what did striker say?