PDA

View Full Version : "I'm Too Hard To Be In Love With," Says Jessica

OMEN
09-13-2006, 07:35 AM
http://xtramsn.co.nz/homepage2/imageLargeView/0,,6295286,00.jpeg
Most men would kill for a date with Jessica Simpson but she insists that she is "too hard to be in love with".

The blonde beauty, who shot to fame in the US reality show Newlyweds after marrying ex-boyband star Nick Lachey in 2002, reckons she's not ideal girlfriend material.

"I think I'm too hard to be in love with - it ends up on the cover of every magazine. I scare people away. I'm a lot to take on," the 26-year-old Dukes of Hazzard star told Ellen DeGeneres on her US chat show.

Jessica, who has denied rumours she ever dated singer John Mayer, added that she's ready to meet her Mr Right.

"I wish I was in love," she said. "I need to be in love."

She begged potential candidates not to be put off by her fame.

"I'm a good person. I promise!"

She also told DeGeneres she has no regrets about her three-year marriage to Lachey, from whom she split in November 2005.

"I'm so proud of that relationship that I was in," she said. "I'm proud of the marriage that I had and I think that Nick is an amazing man.

"I regret nothing and it made me who I am right now," she continued. "And right now who I am, I am so in love with. I am so happy with who I am. It's all about the journey."

Looking stunning in a white sleeveless top and black hotpants, she said that Hollywood icon Brigitte Bardot had been the inspiration for the title of her new album, A Public Affair, rather than her ex-husband.

"I was actually watching a Brigitte Bardot special and it was about how her life was always a public affair, and she could never have anything to herself that's private - and that's how I felt at that very moment.

"A Public Affair, as a title, is kind of raunchy in a way, because I'm trying to trick people into buying it, because sex sells," she admitted. "But it's not about that at all."

At the end of the show Jessica, who has been ordered to rest her vocal chords after losing her voice, performed a spoken rendition of her hit single, 'A Public Affair'. Meanwhile DeGeneres had the audience in stitches with some "interpretive" dance.

Splash