PDA

View Full Version : Possible Royal Rumble Swerve For The Rock

Black Widow
01-10-2013, 05:34 PM
- Regarding The Rock winning the WWE Title from CM Punk, there is a lot of talk that the title change won't happen at the Royal Rumble. Instead, Rock would win the title at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view in the Chamber main event.

WI

muzi
01-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Makes sense to me, since 2 or 3 opponents could knot ties and eliminate Punk to rip him off the title..

Kage
01-10-2013, 08:44 PM
They could do that, but why would they? To make Punk look strong? I'd be shocked if they did that.

Altyrell
01-10-2013, 08:50 PM
To me, if they went that route, then at RR they should have The Shield interfere cause it would be somewhat difficult to do so in an EC Match

Black Widow
01-10-2013, 09:00 PM
The Shield could come up through the steel slates like HBK did to screw Undertaker, but with 3 coming up it would probably take some time to pull off

muzi
01-11-2013, 11:47 PM
It could also be The Shield that powerbombs Punk when he's alone with The Rock left...

LionDen
01-12-2013, 06:14 PM
I honestly see the Rock winning at the Rumble because WWE will push him till Mania. They want people to watch and him having the belt, they will.

Shootkick Man
01-14-2013, 12:22 AM
To me it just doesnt make sense to put the title on him at all! He's not fulltime on the roster. I would much rather see Undertaker as a surprise entrant in the RR win and challenge Punk for the title at Wrestlemania. Besides you can still do the Rock/Cena rematch without the the title on the line.

Kage
01-14-2013, 01:22 AM
^^I think Rock will be around quite a bit from now until WM honestly.

Y0UR Messiah
01-14-2013, 05:36 AM
^^I think Rock will be around quite a bit from now until WM honestly.

Then you are extremely wrong. He has like 3 movies coming out. He won't be around every week, maybe once every other week.

But yeah, having Punk drop the belt to Rock in the EC rather than the RR would be better and would make Punk look stronger. Plus it'd be a nice surprise to see Punk win at RR.