PDA

View Full Version : Stoke City boss Tony Pulis praises Chelsea's veteran midfielder Frank Lampard

Black Widow
01-11-2013, 05:22 PM
http://e1.365dm.com/12/12/660x350/Pulis_2877806.jpg

Stoke manager Tony Pulis has heaped praise on Frank Lampard who travels with the Chelsea squad to the Britannia Stadium on Saturday for what could be his final Premier League game in the Potteries.

The midfielder, 34, looks set to leave Stamford Bridge at the end of the season after 12 years in west London.

Lampard's agent says his man will not be offered a new deal and Pulis believes his time with the Blues has been good for both club and player.

He has netted 193 times for the team and Pulis said: "I think Frank has been a fantastic player for Chelsea.

"He has been unbelievable and he is a great lad and they tell me he is a real top professional.

"Chelsea has been absolutely fantastic for Frank - just look at the medals and trophies he has won.

"As a young kid starting football, he needed a vehicle to be able to achieve what he has achieved.

"Whether the argument is that Chelsea should offer him a new contract or not, well that is not my decision. But I think it has been a great marriage."

As for the possibility of Lampard playing for Stoke next season, Pulis added: "He has played down south all his life and I can't see him wanting to move up north.

"I think if Frank was going to go anywhere, I'm sure it would be down south."

Sky Sports