PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Reid Flair Has Passed Away - UPDATED

LG
03-29-2013, 06:53 PM
http://thumbnails104.imagebam.com/24612/d82c2a246116931.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/d82c2a246116931)

WWE issued the following statement earlier today:

WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of Reid Flair, son of WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair. Our deepest condolences go out to the Flair family and friends.
--------------
Source: PWInsider

Reid Flair, the youngest son of WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair, has passed away. He was just 25 years old.
No details are available yet on Reid's passing but he was scheduled to appear with Ric at indy events in Maryland this weekend. He recently worked for All Japan Pro Wrestling earlier this year. Our condolences go out to the Flair family.
-----------------------------------
wzr
http://thumbnails107.imagebam.com/24612/c85642246117917.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/c85642246117917)
Reid Flair, the son of Ric Flair, passed away at the age of 24. The cause of death at this time is not known.

Reid has been training for years to be a professional wrestler, with Bobby Eaton and George South training him. He was going to debut on ROH TV when his father was working for the company, but ROH backed off of the plans due to the younger Flair being arrested for heroin possession. Reid had recently been working for All Japan, and WWE had taken a look at him. Word was that WWE was considering signing him for the developmental system.

Sean Waltman tweeted the following regarding the passing of Reid:

“So very sorry to Nature Boy Ric Flair & his family. No matter what differences we ever had, my heat hurts for him so bad right now.”

As noted earlier here on the website, Reid Flair, the 25-year-old son of legendary wrestler Ric Flair, has been found dead.

Details concerning his passing have not been disclosed.

With his background, Flair was hailed as future wrestling star dating back to high school as he was an accomplished amateur wrestler who achieved numerous awards. His career, however, was sidetracked in 2009 due to a slew of personal issues, including an arrest that found him in possession of black tar heroin. According to those close to him, he had struggled with substance abuse issues for years but seemed to have changed his life around for the better in recent years.

Following a hiatus from the squared circle, Reid made his in-ring debut for All Japan Wrestling in January, replacing his sick father in a tag team match due to the WWE Hall of Famer suffering a blood clot in his leg. Last month, Reid competed in All Japan’s Excite Series tour, wrestling undercard tag team matches. On March 15, Flair wrestled his first singles match in All Japan, causing Yasufumi Nakanoue to submit with the Figure Four Leglock. He was scheduled to make independent appearances in Maryland this weekend with his father.

The following talents have tweeted regarding the passing of Ric Flair’s son – Reid Flair.

Dixie Carter: “Devastated to hear about the passing of Ric Flair’s son, Reid. Please join all of us at TNA in praying for Ric & his family at this sad time.”

Scott Hall: “Just heard some disturbing news, hope its not true. Nature Boy my prayers are with you and your family.”

Jay Lethal: “RIP Reid Flair”

Chris Masters: “RIP Reid Flair”

The following talents have tweeted regarding the passing of Ric Flair’s son – Reid Flair.

Lena Yada: Omg Sad News! My Heart Goes Out To Rick Flair And His Family. Reid Was Such A Sweet Kid. RIP Reid Flair.

Gail Kim: @brydertna omg that is sad news

Mikey Whipwreck: RIP Reid Flair. May you now find peace. Thoughts and prayers go out to Ric and his family.

Peter Rosenberg: Man it’s being reporter that Ric Flair’s son Reid has passed away…anyone know anything else? Heartbreaking heartbreaking news

Jimmy Korderas: Deepest condolences to the Flair family. RIP Reid!

Sean Waltman: So very sorry to Nature Boy Ric Flair & his family. No matter what differences we ever had, my heat hurts for him so bad right now.

Brian Hebner: So sorry to hear of Reid Flair’s passing.No parent should have to deal with such a loss!My prayers will be with Ric and his family! So sad!

Shane “Hurricane” Helms: Heartbroken to hear about the passing of Reid Flair. So young. I can’t imagine what Ric is going through.

Rhett Titus: Sad to hear of the passing of Reid Flair. My deepest condolences go out to Ric Flair and his family.

Lena Yada: Omg Sad News! My Heart Goes Out To Rick Flair And His Family. Reid Was Such A Sweet Kid. RIP Reid Flair.

Gail Kim: @brydertna omg that is sad news

Mikey Whipwreck: RIP Reid Flair. May you now find peace. Thoughts and prayers go out to Ric and his family.

Peter Rosenberg: Man it’s being reporter that Ric Flair’s son Reid has passed away…anyone know anything else? Heartbreaking heartbreaking news

Jimmy Korderas: Deepest condolences to the Flair family. RIP Reid!

Sean Waltman: So very sorry to Nature Boy Ric Flair & his family. No matter what differences we ever had, my heat hurts for him so bad right now.

Brian Hebner: So sorry to hear of Reid Flair’s passing.No parent should have to deal with such a loss!My prayers will be with Ric and his family! So sad!

Shane “Hurricane” Helms: Heartbroken to hear about the passing of Reid Flair. So young. I can’t imagine what Ric is going through.

Rhett Titus: Sad to hear of the passing of Reid Flair. My deepest condolences go out to Ric Flair and his family.

The Iron Sheik: I just hear the Reid Flair Ric son die. That break my heart. God bless him and his family forever

Eric Bischoff: Heavy heart. Our thoughts, prayers, and sympathy to Ric Flair and family at the passing of Reid Flair. Such a sad day.

Shelly Martinez: Peace b with the Flair family & ne one who is effected by this loss ONE Love

Kurt Angle: To Ric flair and His family, I’m So Sorry for the Loss of Reid, Ric’s Son. You Were family to Me. GOD Bless You Ric! I Love U

Tara: My condolences to the Flair Family. Reid was funny, talented and such a sweetheart. He will be truly missed.

Joey Ryan: RIP Reid Flair

Christopher Daniels: RIP Reid Flair

James Storm: Rip Reid Flair. Loved ya like a brother. God bless Ric and the family. Truly a great guy. I’ll miss you my friend.

Douglas Williams: Sorry to hear about the passing of Reid Flair. RIP.

Jesse Sorensen: God bless you & your family @RicFlairNatrBoy #Prayers

Jonny The Bull: Sorry to hear about Reid Flair. I knew him since he was a kid, such a good kid and so young.

Miss Tessmacher: Everyone please take a moment to send out your prayers to the Flair family. RIP #REID!! God bless his family and loved ones. #PRAYERS RT

Justin Roberts: My condolences go out to the Flair family. I’m very sorry to hear about Reid, my thoughts are with all of you.

Chavo Guerrero Sr.: MY BROTHRT RIC FLAIR MY SINCERE CONDOLENCES, CHAV SR

The Pope/Elijah Burke: My deepest condolences to Ric Flair, his family and friends. I pray for their strength throughout this time of bereavement. RIP Reid~PHS

Kevin Von Erich: Ric Flair is in our prayers today, I’d like to ask y’all to do the same. He lost his son, I just heard

Goldust: R.I.P. Reid! Prayers sent to Ric and his family.

Todd Grisham: Shocked to hear about the death of Ric Flair’s 24 yr old son Reid. Hung out with him many times. Great kid. Horrible news.

Matt Hardy: Heard about the passing of Reid Flair-it’s terrible & sad. My heart goes out to his family & especially his father, Ric Flair. Damn.

Hermie Sadler: Sending love and strength to my friend @RicFlairNatrBoy and his family. Sad Day.

Howard Finkel: My deepest condolences go out to the Flair family on their loss.

Brian Hebner: Make sure to tell your kids that you love them today and everyday! You never know what can happen at any giving time and day! #123

Mike Mooneyham: RIP Reid. #Devastated

BG James/Road Dogg: My deepest condolences to the Flair family! I pray for your strength at this difficult time in your lives. I pray y’all find some serenity.

MVP: Reid… Rest In Power young man. Positive vibes to Naitch & family.

Jimmy Rave: Very saddened to hear about Reid Flair

The Honky Tonk Man: I am very saddened to hear of the passing of Reid Flair. My thoughts are with Ric and his family during this difficult time.

Kyle O’Reilly: Saddened to hear the news, #RIP Reid Flair.

The Young Bucks: I was starting to feel bad about myself having the flu for three days. Life really is too short. #RIPReidFlair

Scotty Riggs: Godspeed Ric Flair and his son Reid and the family today.

The Miz: Been on a flight all day just heard about the passing of Reid. My thoughts and prayers go out to Ric Flair and his family.

Shelton Benjamin: My deepest Condolences to the Flair family

Mike Mondo: RIP Reid Flair. I met you twice & you were always a respectful kind individual. You will be missed my friend…

Terri Runnels: Sending love and prayers to the family of Reid Flair. God bless Ric…I can’t imagine! RIP Reid.

Karen Jarrett: So sorry for the loss of your son Reid! We love you @RicFlairNatrBoy praying for you and your family! @JeffJarrettTNA

“Rowdy” Roddy Piper: My heart is with Ric and Reid Flair today! Reid was my son too!

Maria Kanellis: So sad to hear about Reid Flair. My heart goes out to his family. It’s so terrible when anyone that young passes.

Kevin Steen: Awful. 25 years old. So fucking sad. RIP Reid Flair.

Lance Storm: My deepest condolences to the Flair family. #RIPReidFlair

Reid Flair, the 24-year-old son of legendary wrestler Ric Flair, has been found dead, reports PWInsider.com.

Details concerning his passing have not yet been disclosed.

Following a hiatus from the squared circle, Flair made his in-ring debut for All Japan Wrestling in, replacing his sick father in a tag team match. Last month, Flair competed All Japan's Excite Series tour, wrestling undercard tag team matches. On March 15, Flair wrestled his first singles match in All Japan, submitting Yasufumi Nakanoue with the Figure Four Leglock.

[LOP]
---------------------------------------
Reid Flair, the 25 year old son of wrestling legend and former world champion Ric Flair has been found dead today.

No official cause of death has been reported but Flair has a history of drug use including being arrested multiple times including one arrest that found him in possession of black tar heroin.

Flair had been working in All Japan Pro Wrestling including a match that involved his father but Ric was unable to contribute in the ring due to a blood clot issue in his leg. There has been interest in Flair by the WWE and the company was considering assigning him to developmental along with sister Ashley.

At one time Reid Flair was a hot commodity in wrestling mainly due to his heritage but his problems with drugs and not being able to live up to his famous fathers image ended a number of chances with the major promotions including ROH.

[gerweck]
----------------------------
The following is from TMZ.com:

The 25-year-old son of legendary wrestler Ric Flair is dead.

Flair’s agent tells TMZ, “We are heartbroken to confirm that Ric’s son, Reid Fliehr, has passed away today March 29, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.”

The agent goes on, “The investigation into the cause of death is ongoing.”

Reid was an independent wrestler who was wrestling in Japan over the last few months. He even wrestled a few times in WCW as a kid (see video below).

Reid had issues with heroin in the past, and was arrested in 2009 for possession.

Ric’s agent says, “No words can describe the grief that Ric and his family are experiencing and they do request privacy during this devastating time.”
----------------------------------------------------------

Slayer_X
03-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Fucking wow ! RIP dude .

LG
03-29-2013, 09:28 PM
We have some additional details about Reid Flair’s untimely passing. He was found this morning in Charlotte, North Carolina after just getting back from working for All Japan.

Ric Flair has canceled all of this weekend’s appearances for Big Time Wrestling. Both Ric and Reid were set to appear at the shows in Hagerstown, Maryland and Saturday’s event in Altoona, Pennsylvania.

Ric is also set to appear at Thursday’s WWE Fan AXXESS event, as well as next Friday’s BTW event in New York. However, at this point it seems unlikely that he will make those shows.

wzr

LG
03-29-2013, 10:23 PM
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg police department has confirmed that Reid Flair, the 25-year-old son of legendary wrestler Ric Flair, was found dead Friday in a Charlotte hotel.

According to a press release issued by police, officers received a call for service in reference to an unresponsive individual at a room at the Residence Inn in SouthPark. Police identified the person as Richard Fliehr (his real name), and he was pronounced dead.

Police say there didn’t appear to be foul play involved in his death.

Ric Flair's agent, Melinda Morris Zanoni of Legacy Talent and Entertainment, issued a statement on Facebook: "We are heartbroken to confirm that Ric's son, Reid Fliehr, has passed away today March 29, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.

Ric Flair's agent, Melinda Morris Zanoni of Legacy Talent and Entertainment, issued the following statement on Facebook concerning Reid's passing: "We are heartbroken to confirm that Ric's son, Reid Fliehr, has passed away today March 29, 2013 in Charlotte, N.C.

"The investigation into the cause of death is ongoing. Reid was 25 and an incredible son, brother, friend, and professional wrestler.

"No words can describe the grief that Ric and his family are experiencing and they do request privacy during this devastating time."

A day before his death, Reid wrote a message on Twitter announcing he would be appearing in Maryland this weekend for independent wrestling shows.

“Two shows in Maryland this weekend with @RicFlairNatrBoy. Good #wrestling and even better times ahead," he wrote.

CharlotteObserver.com has a report on Flair's death.

[LOP]

---

Reid started training with All Japan Pro Wrestling late last year, and made his in-ring debut with the company last January. He wrestled his first singles match for the company just a couple of weeks ago, defeating Yasufumi Nakanoue with the Figure Four Leglock.

Ric Flair's agent, Melinda Morris Zanoni of Legacy Talent and Entertainment, issued the following statement regarding Reid's passing:

"We are heartbroken to confirm that Ric's son, Reid Fliehr, has passed away today March 29, 2013 in Charlotte, NC. The investigation into the cause of death is ongoing. Reid was 25 and an incredible son, brother, friend, and professional wrestler. No words can describe the grief that Ric and his family are experiencing and they do request privacy during this devastating time."

Our prayers and condolences go out to the Flair family.

pwi

LG
03-30-2013, 01:06 AM
The Charlotte Observer has confirmed our report that Reid Flair’s body was found at a Residence Inn in the SouthPark area of Charlotte this morning. The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department has also now confirmed Reid Flair (Reid Fliehr)’s death. They confirm that he was found this morning in a hotel in Charlotte around 10:35AM ET. The hotel staff at the Marriott Residence Inn near SouthPark found an “unresponsive man” which led them to call the police. While Police have not confirmed the cause of death, the initial belief is an overdose. There is no word on why the police department believes that but it’s likely something was found in the hotel room. As noted earlier, no “foul play” is involved. Reid was set to join his father Ric at this weekend’s Big Time Wrestling tour. Flair has canceled all of this weekend’s appearances for Big Time Wrestling. Both Ric and Reid were set to appear at the shows in Hagerstown, Maryland tonight and Saturday’s event in Altoona, Pennsylvania.

ORIGINAL: We can report that local authorities received a 911 call at 10:33AM this morning from the Marriott Residence Inn near SouthPark saying they had found a body inside one of the rooms. The caller said the person was unresponsive.

Police responded to the hotel and homicide detectives arrived a short time later. The body was later identified as Reid.

We’re told that foul play is NOT suspected. It is completely normal for homicide detectives to arrive on-scene when a body is found as it’s simply part of the investigation. The case does not appear to be criminal and murder has been ruled out.

There is no word on if drugs or alcohol were found in the room as of press time.

Ric Flair’s agent has issued the following statement.

“We are heartbroken to confirm that Ric’s son, Reid Fliehr, has passed away today March 29, 2013 in Charlotte, NC. The investigation into the cause of death is ongoing. Reid was 25 and an incredible son, brother, friend, and professional wrestler. No words can describe the grief that Ric and his family are experiencing and they do request privacy during this devastating time.”

----

We can report that local authorities received a 911 call at 10:33AM this morning from the Marriott Residence Inn near SouthPark saying they had found a body inside one of the rooms. The caller said the person was unresponsive.

Police responded to the hotel and homicide detectives arrived a short time later. The body was later identified as Reid.

We’re told that foul play is NOT suspected. It is completely normal for homicide detectives to arrive on-scene when a body is found as it’s simply part of the investigation. The case does not appear to be criminal and murder has been ruled out.

There is no word on if drugs or alcohol were found in the room as of press time.

Ric Flair’s agent has issued the following statement.

“We are heartbroken to confirm that Ric’s son, Reid Fliehr, has passed away today March 29, 2013 in Charlotte, NC. The investigation into the cause of death is ongoing. Reid was 25 and an incredible son, brother, friend, and professional wrestler. No words can describe the grief that Ric and his family are experiencing and they do request privacy during this devastating time.”
wzr

LionDen
03-30-2013, 02:37 AM
R.i.p

LG
03-30-2013, 03:08 AM
As noted earlier, Reid Flair was set to join his father Ric at this weekend’s Big Time Wrestling tour. Flair has canceled all of this weekend’s appearances for Big Time Wrestling. Both Ric and Reid were set to appear at the shows in Hagerstown, Maryland tonight and Saturday’s event in Altoona, Pennsylvania.

Here is Big Time Wrestling’s ten bell salute that was held moments ago for Reid Flair at tonight’s Big Time Wrestling show.

yGu5C6Fgd-w

wzr

LG
03-30-2013, 03:22 AM
Reid Flair, the youngest son of professional wrestling legend Ric Flair, has reportedly passed away at the age of 24, according to F4WOnline.com.

No details have been released regarding the cause of Reid's death, but the loss is obviously a tragedy considering his young age. Not only is it awful for the Flair family, but the wrestling world has lost a promising up-and-comer as well.

The younger Flair had been pursuing a wrestling career in his own right, as he performed for numerous independent promotions over the past few years. He debuted for All Japan Pro Wrestling last year and began to blaze his own trail through the business after his father's immense success.

Reid even competed for NWA Charlotte and became the NWA Mid-Atlantic Heritage Champion in 2009. His father was easily the biggest star in NWA history, as evidenced by his status as a 24-time world champion. Reid obviously had a long way to go in order to reach his father's level, but he was definitely following in his footsteps.

Reid's meteoric rise through the industry was disrupted a few years ago, as he had some issues with the law, including an arrest for heroin possession in 2009, according to WSOCTV.com. He cleaned his act up in recent years and appeared to be on the path to big things as a professional wrestler, however.

During an interview with Hit The Ropes in 2011, Reid expressed interest in one day becoming a WWE Superstar. Ric worked for TNA at the time and there were rumors regarding Reid signing with TNA, but he made it clear that his ultimate goal was to make it to the "big time."

Unfortunately, we'll never have the pleasure of seeing what Reid could have done with that type of opportunity. While Reid was talented, there are no guarantees that he would have been snapped up by WWE. With that said, WWE has been beefing up its NXT developmental territory and even signed Reid's sister, Ashley.

Also, with Ric making appearances for WWE once again, Reid stood a pretty good chance of at least being given a look by WWE. He would have had to put the work in and get over on his own accord despite his father's reputation, but perhaps all he needed was one opportunity.

Reid and Ric were scheduled to appear together at the Big Time Wrestling events in Hagerstown, Md., and Altoona, Penn., on March 29 and 30, respectively. The father-son duo did a great deal of work together on the independent scene, with Ric often serving as Reid's manager.

It would have been interesting to see them team up in WWE as well. Ric is getting to the point where he can't really wrestle any longer, but he is still among the best on the mic and is universally beloved by fans. He might have been all Reid needed to get over with the fans and become a big star in what he called the "big time."

Whenever we hear about a wrestling-related death it is obviously heartbreaking. Tragedies like this tend to sting even more, though, because Reid was never able to reach his full potential and there is no telling how high of a ceiling he had. Unfortunately we'll never know for sure.

UvyKhj8xW_k

BR

LionDen
03-30-2013, 03:48 AM
Thank you LG :) nice vid to show respect.

Konan
03-30-2013, 07:51 AM
Way too young to pass away. It's a shame things couldn't be straightened out.

LG
03-31-2013, 03:12 AM
More On The Death Of Reid Flair (Fliehr)

As noted yesterday here on the website, Reid Flair’s body was found at a Residence Inn in the SouthPark area of Charlotte on Friday morning. The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department confirmed Reid’s (Reid Fliehr)’s death yesterday afternoon. The department confirmed that Reid was found this morning in a hotel in Charlotte around 10:35AM ET. The hotel staff at the Marriott Residence Inn near SouthPark found an “unresponsive man” which led them to call the police.

As noted earlier, no “foul play” is involved. Reid was set to join his father Ric at this weekend’s Big Time Wrestling tour. Flair has canceled all of this weekend’s appearances for Big Time Wrestling. Both Ric and Reid were set to appear at the shows in Hagerstown, Maryland last night and tonight’s event in Altoona, Pennsylvania.

In an update on this, we’re told Reid Flair’s body was discovered in his bed by a family member. No word on who the family member was as of this writing but we know Ric had been staying very close by. “Today is a very tough day for me and my family,” Ric Flair told WBTV. As noted above, investigators are looking into the possibility that Reid may have died from a drug overdose but that is NOT confirmed by any means.

wzr

LG
03-31-2013, 03:17 AM
As reported yesterday here on the website, Richard Reid Fliehr, known publicly as Reid Flair, was found dead on Friday in his SouthPark hotel room by police according to a report by The Charlotte Observer. Calls came in at 10:35 a.m. about an “unresponsive person” in a hotel room at the Residence Inn. Flair, 25, was pronounced dead at the scene. Police stated they found no evidence of foul play and that the cause of death would be determined by the Medical Examiner’s office. WWE issued a statement via its official website acknowledging the 25-year-old’s passing.

“WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of Reid Flair, son of WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair,” WWE states. “Our deepest condolences go out to the Flair family and friends.”

– WWE headquarters reportedly had their flags flying at half mast yesterday afternoon out of respect for the passing of Reid Flair.

wzr

LionDen
03-31-2013, 03:22 AM
Nice of WWE to do that.

LionDen
03-31-2013, 03:31 AM
Thank you to Swinny for this :)

Reid Flair Segment in WCW

VRfTg2fcsdA