PDA

View Full Version : Dolph Ziggler Talks Cashing In At Wrestlemania, What Made Him Want To Be A Wrestler

LG
04-07-2013, 05:48 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/511/087/dolph-ziggler-2_display_image.jpg?1320215025

Source: Mix Philadelphia

Dolph Ziggler recently sat down with Brian Soscia. Here are some highlights from the interview.
If he will be cashing in at Wrestlemania: "A lot of people have been trying to talk me into Wrestlemania. It's a really big show. It's such a special environment that I could be coerced into cashing in, whether I feel I'm ready to right then or not. I may make it happen, I may not. We'll see."

What made him want to get into wrestling: "I was five years old. My Dad took me to the Richfield Colliseum because we lived in Cleveland and they didn't have a main arena at the time, even the Cav's played in Richfield, Ohio. So it was little bit of a drive, but we sat in basically the farthest away seat, we could barely see. The main event was Hulk Hogan vs. Harley Race, who Harley Race I just saw yesterday, I'm a huge fan of his. He shook my hand and I peed a little, it was great. He's a very manly man who I wouldn't fight with now. But that was the main event. I told my dad, this is great. I want to do this. I think that maybe two months later I started wrestling at five years old. I wrestled all through high school, college. Basically building a career to be able to become a WWE superstar."

If he approached his amateur wrestling with a mind set that it was preparing him to be a pro wrestler: "I actually kind of did. My first day of wrestling I walked in and said where's the ropes? My coach was like that's not how it works here. It was so fun doing it. I love wrestling. It was one on one, and I even when I got to Kent State, I got us 45 second ring entrance music in between matches at our home duel meets. I got us entrance music. It was such a cool thing. I wanted it to be that spectacle because we'd have like 20 parents and six field hockey girls watching our matches. So there was nobody watching, and now you got 5 million every week, at least, watching Monday Night RAW."

- IGN.com has an interview with Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler was asked about taking his time to cash in the Money In The Bank briefcase.

"We forget that eight months ago I was trying to cash it in on every Monday, Friday, Sunday, and every time it ended with my teeth getting kicked down my face," Ziggler replied. "I eventually got fed up with that and said, "The next time I do this, it has to happen. Let's make it count," and that's what I'm looking forward to. One of these times it's going to happen. Maybe it's Sunday."

WNS