PDA

View Full Version : The Rock: A Loss for the Great One at WrestleMania 29 Would Help Midcarders

LG
04-07-2013, 06:38 AM
The Rock is my favorite wrestler of all time, but even I can admit that he’s holding some of the WWE’s top talents back. In many ways, he’s become bigger than the company.

If it's in the cards for the Great One to lose on Sunday, Superstars like Dolph Ziggler have to be quietly pumping their fists.

When The Rock is available, the WWE world stops turning, and the Brahma Bull commands all of the main event attention.

It’s hard to argue with that approach as his appearances are always must-see TV. With the Rock headlining WrestleMania 28, the WWE reaped the benefits of over 1.25 million buys, per Marc Middleton of ************.com (h/t Wrestling Observer Newsletter).

The Rock and money talks, but meanwhile midcarders are forced to run a marathon on a virtual hamster wheel of erratic pushes and head-scratching demotions.

I mentioned Ziggler because in my eyes, he is the man most negatively impacted by The Rock's presence. There's only so much main event spotlight to go around.

John Cena is guaranteed a good share of that, whomever is holding the WWE championship gets the other major share, and everyone else is secondary, or even lower.

Despite Ziggler's enormous popularity, the possession of the Money in the Bank suitcase and awesome in-ring ability, his match on the WrestleMania 29 card will be one of the first you see.

That's generally not a good indication of being held in the highest regard by the promotion at this point.

If The Rock loses to John Cena at WrestleMania, he will fade away for a while, and the WWE title will be back in play for the stars below Cena and Punk on the food chain.

It doesn't end there, though. This is a domino effect as the likes of Ziggler, Ryback and Jack Swagger step up—so will other deserving guys like Wade Barrett and Antonio Cesaro.

The rotation of talent in the spotlight will be kept fresh.

Then, hopefully, we wouldn't be forced to see a repeat main event at WrestleMania 30. This may sound like anti-Rock talk, but I assure you, it is nothing of the sort.

I enjoy everything The Rock brings to the WWE, but I also understand the midcarders that probably wish he would finally...go away.

BR

LionDen
04-07-2013, 12:07 PM
OMG Imagine a Rock vs Cena 3 lol