PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Beat Food Poisoning & Broken Thumb To Win WrestleMania

LG
04-09-2013, 07:35 PM
When John Cena beat The Rock at WrestleMania 29 on April 7, you’d have never known he was dealing with some serious issues that could have kept him from entering the ring! The new WWE Champion gave HollywoodLife.com the scoop on his pre-match health.
Anyone other than John Cena would have called in sick to WrestleMania 29 with a bad case of food poisoning and a broken thumb, but the gladiator toughed it out to beat The Rock in one of the best WrestleMania cards of all time!

John Cena Wins WrestleMania 29
Hours before WrestleMania 29, HollywoodLife.com asked the future champ what his biggest obstacle was in his match against The Rock, and his anser was simple: “I had food poisoning on Wednesday and broke my thumb.”

But instead of complaining about it, he took everything in stride focusing on the importance of the match and what it meant to the 80,000+ fans in MetLife Stadium, as well as the millions watching at home.

“I took [last year's loss] a little bit too hard,” he told us. “I really thought losing was not an option last year. With The Rock’s limited schedule, I didn’t think it was a shoe-in to ever have the chance again. But then I got another opportunity, and if I did not win, I would have to have had to take a step back, look at myself as a whole and make some changes, because what I have been doing, it isn’t something that wasn’t getting things done.”

hollywoodlife