PDA

View Full Version : Why You Should Look Forward to the Possible WWE Return of MVP

LG
04-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Montel Vontavious Porter, known to the wrestling world as MVP, has accomplished quite a bit in his short wrestling career.

After turning pro in 2002, Porter achieved success with championships and notoriety in the wrestling world. He holds the third longest reign for the WWE’s US title and was the inaugural IWGP Intercontinental champion for New Japan Pro Wrestling. Porter also became one of the most charismatic midcard wrestlers in the WWE.

MVP’s captivating persona should prompt wrestling fans to look forward to his possible return to the WWE.

Porter left New Japan Pro Wrestling on February 26 to focus on a television project with Lionsgate Television. He had the following to say on his Twitter account:

“I would like to thank New Japan for allowing me to realize a dream! I LOVE Japan & will forever be grateful! I left on good terms as always,” MVP tweeted.

“I WILL return to wrestling eventually. The door is open for a return to WWE, NJPW & even TNA. However my focus now is developing my TV show."

“I’m currently working on a TV project with Lionsgate TV. I’ll release more details soon. But right now I’m not affiliated with ANY company. And for the record my show has NOTHING to do with wrestling. I’m excited about it. The people at Lionsgate TV have been awesome!”

It appears that MVP will not be returning to the WWE anytime soon, especially at age 40. However, don’t count Porter out yet. He has plenty to offer if he returns to the WWE.

Porter stepped up his wrestling repertoire while in New Japan as recognized in his feud with Masato Tanaka for the IWGP Intercontinental title. This bout consisted of hard, physical matches, which made MVP far better than his WWE stint.

9kyOhjRikPA
MVP's last match on WWE television
Porter added the multiple German suplexes, fisherman suplex and t-bone suplex to his move set along with elbow strikes, European uppercuts and discus clotheslines. He also added a variation of the crossface where he traps an arm by bending his opponent’s arm by facing up. MVP’s more than ready to bring those moves to the WWE if he chooses to return.

How would the WWE bring him back? An option could be reuniting him with Mark Henry. The two formed a tag team that never got on the right foot in 2009. With both men near the end of their careers, it would be wise to have these guys in a tag title run, or contention at least. A feud with The Shield or Team Hell No could bring a new dimension to a flustering tag team division.

Another option could be MVP returning to the midcard division. Could you imagine the feuds he could have with Antonio Cesaro and Wade Barrett? Maybe he returns as a heel, which could be the better decision, and wrestles Miz or Kofi Kingston.

Either way, MVP could be in a great position to steer these divisions to mean something again. He’s charismatic enough to make the fans care about championships and fellow wrestlers. The WWE should strongly consider bringing MVP back into the fold, even if it’s for a short period of time.

Br