PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Carter Says Hulk Hogan Is More Famous Than The Rock, Talks Rock's Film Work

LG
05-05-2013, 06:13 PM
TNA President Dixie Carter recently spoke to BANG Showbiz, via AZCentral.com, and discussed the importance of Hulk Hogan to TNA. Carter noted that Hogan was the most famous wrestler in the world, and his fame rivals the late Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley.

"He (Hulk) is bigger than any brand, company, name - he is synonymous with wrestling and is probably one of the most recognisable faces or figures on the entire planet. Name me someone who is alive today who'd be more recognisable in any corner of the world? In places like Africa and Asia, or if you were walking in Thailand? Princess Diana or Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley maybe? But they aren't even with us anymore. The Rock?

"Well, if you are walking in a village in Africa would people know who The Rock was? I think his film work has been outstanding. I'm a huge fan of The Rock, I think he is phenomenal, but would that happen?"

WNS

Rob
05-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Show me 20 decent performing movies starring Hulk Hogan and I might believe that.

bigdaddybaughman
05-06-2013, 03:31 AM
Dixie will say anything to make Tna seem important. In the end for wrestling Hogan is more important because of its history but as for simple fame more people know how the Rock is. Hogan has really been relivant since what NWO.

frankthebarman
05-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Show me 20 decent performing movies starring Hulk Hogan and I might believe that.

shit, show me ONE decent one...

Embrace Thou Upton
05-06-2013, 11:26 PM
5 years ago I would have believed this, as it stands now The Rock is an established and successful actor. He's been in/in a lot of successful movies.