PDA

View Full Version : Fans Getting Refunds for NOC - WWE Issues Statement

LG
09-19-2013, 02:34 AM
An Elite member wrote me to tell me that he called Cox Cable and asked for a refund due to the finish of the Night Of Champions PPV being overturned. He said that Cox eventually gave it to him and the representative told him that other people had asked for a refund for the same reason.

Cox is my cable company as well so I called my representative and was told that indeed other people have already called and gotten refunds, feeling that by invalidating the finish of the show that they paid for, they deserved it. This could become a slippery slope for wrestling companies.

WWE issued the following statement to PWInsider.com in response to Dave Scherer's post about fans requesting refunds from their cable provider following the Raw angle that negated the main event finish of WWE Night of Champions:

“While certain fans may not have liked the continuing storyline following Night of Champions, we’re certain that the 3-hour pay-per-view event delivered all the entertainment and excitement expected from WWE.”

Punisher
09-19-2013, 05:33 PM
I wouldnt give a refund to them. They sat and watched all three hours. Its not my fault that the actions of the next night "invalidated" the show.