PDA

View Full Version : More Backstage News on CM Punk's Return

LG
03-02-2014, 08:37 PM
As noted earlier, Dave Meltzer said on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio that CM Punk is expected to be at Monday's RAW from Chicago. Meltzer wouldn't say he's 100% sure Punk will be there and really didn't sound too sure of it but his source, who is reportedly a top WWE star, said it's 100% certain.

Regarding plans for WrestleMania XXX, if Punk does return at RAW he will either replace Daniel Bryan in the match with Triple H or go into the WWE World Heavyweight Title match with Batista and Randy Orton. Punk likely isn't winning the title unless he plans on signing a new contract in July and that impression wasn't given.

Kage
03-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Or this is just a clever scheme to get us to watch what will surely be a boring and uneventful edition of Monday Night Raw.

Role Model
03-02-2014, 11:09 PM
I think WE all hope its true because its PUNK and it'll be in Chicago the pop will be insane. I'm with Kage though, I'll believe when I see it, but if he shows this will be AWESOME because they really need him right now.

the madscotsman
03-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Punk doesn't deserve to win the title. If a guy quits in a huff cause he doesn't like your idea you don't give him what he wants. Bryan/ Ziggler or Cesaro should be in the title match.

Kage
03-02-2014, 11:42 PM
Punk doesn't deserve to win the title. If a guy quits in a huff cause he doesn't like your idea you don't give him what he wants. Bryan/ Ziggler or Cesaro should be in the title match.

I agree. If Punk gets what he wants out of this whole walking out deal it just shows how weak Wwe is right now.

Big Evil
03-03-2014, 12:28 AM
Punk is a big star, but his walking out shouldn't pay dividends to his career. This guy needs to make it up to the company big-time for putting them in a tough spot. I like Punk, but it is very unprofessional what he did. Sure, other guys have done it in the past and have even returned to the company, but you cannot reward him with a title match in the main event at 'Mania. I would like to see Triple H vs Punk AND Bryan, but quite honestly unless the sides were even it wouldn't play out well. Throw Kane in there, perhaps. If Punk comes back, though, he shouldn't expect to be rewarded for walking out with time left on his contract.

Role Model
03-03-2014, 12:30 AM
Agreed it's another Batista situation, and realistically as well its obvious its main event he's coming back for. I don't see how it's possible for Punk to feud with HHH now after Bryan has been colliding with HHH, it would look so bad if all the sudden Bryan's feud with Hunter was squashed.

Kage
03-04-2014, 05:16 AM
Or this is just a clever scheme to get us to watch what will surely be a boring and uneventful edition of Monday Night Raw.

:shifty:

Nerotheory
03-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Punk never was coming back, it was a slick ploy to get people to watch. Plus one of the reasons Punk gave for leaving was he didn't want to wrestle Cripple H at Mania.