PDA

View Full Version : David Benoit On If His Dad Should Be In WWE's Hall Of Fame, Training For A Career

LG
04-02-2014, 05:25 PM
68M5YXUNxTo

n the interview above, David Benoit gives his first-ever interview with The Wrestling Gurus about WrestleMania XXX and various topics. Below are a few highlights:

* He believes his father Chris Benoit should be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. He said we should focus more on the pros than the cons.

* He confirms he's training for a pro wrestling career but would not want to go to TNA because everyone tells him it's a bad place to work.

* He said WWE never gave his family the last paycheck his father earned.

Smartmark
04-02-2014, 06:50 PM
There is no doubt he should be inducted.

muzi
04-02-2014, 08:41 PM
There is no doubt he should be inducted.

Not only did he murder his wife, he too killed his 11 year old son by his own hands...no discussion necessary

Smartmark
04-02-2014, 10:20 PM
^^ His son says he should be. And there is no discussion. Chris Benoit is a wrestling legend. And that is what he should be remembered for

Kage
04-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Pros: Good wrestler

Cons: Murderer

Tough call honestly.

Punisher
04-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Pros: Good wrestler

Cons: Murderer

Tough call honestly.

:laugh: if Macho man isn't in the HOF then Benoit is sure as hell not gonna be there. That's just bad publicity. And a bad business move.

Will
04-03-2014, 05:50 PM
These are the two most retarded looking fuckboys ever. I guarantee you that guy will never be in front of more than 40 people in some pity spots in high school gyms. His father was not a legend. He was boring in the ring and sucked on the mic and his kid looks and speaks even worse than his dad.

Smartmark
04-03-2014, 06:55 PM
^^ and why are you even on a wrestling forum???? :eek:

Punisher
04-03-2014, 07:10 PM
^^ The same reason I am, he has an opinion. One that I kind of agree with. Was he good in the ring, sure, anything special? Not really, he was kind of boring and had absolutely no charisma at all. Eddie is more of a legend IMO, just as good in the ring if not better, and was one of the most charismatic talents to ever grace a ring.

Smartmark
04-03-2014, 07:49 PM
There is very few wrestler, before or after who was as skilled as Chris Benoit in the ring.

I suggest you guys take a look of what he did outside WWE. Cause there is a whole lot.

Will
04-03-2014, 08:42 PM
^^ and why are you even on a wrestling forum???? :eek:
lol if I don't think benoit was anything special than I shouldn't be on a wrestling forum? You think that guy is the pinnacle that everyone should bow too? I know you love hanging on his nuts but he was average at best. There were 100 guys in that era better than him.

Smartmark
04-03-2014, 08:45 PM
^^ Name them then :evil:

I never said he was the greatest ever. I said he was one of the most technical wrestlers ever lived.

Kurt Angle are greater yet, but not many people are or where

Will
04-03-2014, 10:12 PM
^^ Name them then :evil:

I never said he was the greatest ever. I said he was one of the most technical wrestlers ever lived.

Kurt Angle are greater yet, but not many people are or where

I was actually being nice because I know you get in your feelings easily. If you want to know my real answer to who was better than benoit ask chris kanyon. In case that went over your head, the answer is everyone. I don't even know what "technical wrestling" is supposed to mean. Its a term that was invented because it sounds better than boring.

Smartmark
04-03-2014, 10:32 PM
^^ ehhh.......oook.......

How can you not understand the meaning " Technical " ?

His grappling and submission skills was extravagant.

Would you have said the same if it was HBK we was talking about? Or Bret Hart?

Will
04-03-2014, 10:36 PM
he never grappled a single second in a single match of his career. He was simply a performer going through predetermined motions. Have you ever seen grappling? that stuff benoit did, that's not grappling, check out a bjj tournament sometime if you want to see grappling or extravagant submission skills.

Smartmark
04-03-2014, 11:00 PM
^^ Take some time and check out Benoit's matches in Japan.....

Will
04-03-2014, 11:15 PM
The Pegasus Kid. Seen it 25 years ago, better than he was at his death but he had great talent around him like Liger and Guerrero. Lighter weights were revolutionizing the business in that region and that era.

Slayer_X
04-04-2014, 07:00 PM
^^ ehhh.......oook.......

How can you not understand the meaning " Technical " ?

His grappling and submission skills was extravagant.

Would you have said the same if it was HBK we was talking about? Or Bret Hart?

If it had been HBK , Bret Hart , Taker or any of the true legends of the ring I would feel the same way I do now . Nobody is picking on Benoit . When he killed his family, it wasn't to hard to separate reality from a tv show . I feel dumber everytime I take part in these discussions about Beniot .

muzi
04-05-2014, 06:41 PM
When wathing a Benoit match at his WWE peak, they were great because you knew you get an entertaining and hard fought match (vs HHH etc.).

But this guy used his finishing move to kill his helpless kid, so for me, there is no reason to "honor his life" as sad as it it.

If Wrestler XY was a "child loving man", nobody would induct wrestler XY into HOF would anyone? Same point.

Kage
04-05-2014, 07:35 PM
It's important to separate his TV character from his true self. Wrestling isn't a real sport. Those characters in the ring aren't who those people are. You can like the wrestling character Chris Benoit all you like, but the actor behind the character was a murderer. As for the HOF argument, it's pretty silly to fight about considering the HOF is a joke anyway.

muzi
04-05-2014, 08:02 PM
When watching a Benoit match at his WWE peak, they were great because you knew you get an entertaining and hard fought match (vs HHH etc.).

But this guy used his finishing move to kill his helpless kid, so for me, there is no reason to "honor his life" as sad as it it.

If Wrestler XY was a "child loving man", nobody would induct wrestler XY into HOF would anyone? Same point.