PDA

View Full Version : Backstage News on WWE Not Renewing Contracts

LG
04-11-2014, 02:32 AM
While WWE made the decision not to renew Ezekiel Jackson's contract this month, word is that they will not be doing a lot of cutting, outside of developmental talents and disciplinary incidents. Instead, guys who aren't used that reach an age where they don't see future upside in them, their contracts may not be renewed.

Big Evil
04-11-2014, 04:28 AM
Well part of the problem is hiring guys who don't have what it takes to break out as stars in the company. While Jackson had his moments, I never saw his going anywhere serious. At least in the WWE of today, he was limited by management. Back in the Attitude Era, I could see him being a solid mid-card performer. Now, he is too old and couldn't benefit from the training the WWE could give him. Not to mention, he would not have been given a chance either.

If WWE focused on the people it has that can break out and be big stars like Ziggler, Cesaro, Wyatt, and others then they would have a much brighter future. Plenty of guys backstage can run with the ball but they are not given chances. Ziggler won the World Championship on a cash-in, but was cut down by injury and never given the ball again. We don't know now what could have came out of that run. Nevertheless, I always watch for the guys I consider future stars on WWE programming rather than sit back in the Evolution era and think those guys can carry the company higher.