PDA

View Full Version : Pat Patterson comes out as gay on 'Legends House'

Slayer_X
06-15-2014, 04:58 AM
Pat Patterson comes out as gay on 'Legends House'

June 14, 2014
In the latest WWE rumors and news for June 2014, Hall of Famer Pat Patterson came out as gay during the Thursday, June 12 finale of WWE Network’s “Legends House.” TMZ.com reported that Patterson, a 73-year-old legend of the pro wrestling world, revealed the big secret which he had kept to himself for decades on the reality TV challenge-style show that also featured Tony Atlas, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper, “Mean” Gene Okerlund and “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan.

According to US Magazine in a June 13 report, Patterson told his fellow housemates that he’d lived with the struggles of keeping his sexual identity a secret for “50-something years.” He noted during a confessional on the show that he revealed that he is gay because he wants “to be happy” for the rest of his life. He was given support by fellow "Legends House" cast members after revealing his secret to them and the fact he had a partner for 40-years who passed away due to a heart attack.

"Sitting here tonight, I'm gonna say something that I would never want to say, publicly," Patterson said during the show. "For once in my life, I'm gonna be me now," he continues, tearing up. "I survived all this, being gay."
Pat Patterson was the first-ever Intercontinental champion for the WWF back in 1979, winning the belt during a fictional tournament after WWF’s North American and South American championships were merged. He was defeated by Ken Patera in 1980, ending a 233-day reign as the champion. Patterson, who has been a WWE exec alongside head honcho Vince McMahon, is also the second WWE star to come out as gay. Current roster member Darren Young did so back in August of 2013.

"Legends House" ran for a total of nine episodes on the WWE Network, an online subscriber-based service from the pro wrestling company. Other former wrestling stars or personalities featured on the show include Jimmy "Mouth of the South" Hart, former ring announcer Howard Finkel and Hillbilly Jim. Former Pussycat Dolls band member Ashley Roberts hosted the exclusive show on the network. A YouTube clip of Patterson's recent statements on the show is available here.

the madscotsman
06-15-2014, 04:20 PM
I thought everybody knew Patterson was gay?

LG
06-15-2014, 07:57 PM
Everyone needs to see the last two episodes of Legends House. Yes, everyone knew Pat Patterson was gay. However what they seem to skim over is the secrets the other legends dish out, esp on the last two episodes of this season. Legends House to me is the most successful thing on WWE Network right now.

the madscotsman
06-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Why don't you tell me and save me the time?

LG
06-16-2014, 01:25 AM
Jimmy Hart lost his daughter last year. Jim Duggan lost his wife in a car wreck that flipped both of them multiple times.

Kage
06-16-2014, 02:47 AM
See now that's just sad. Didn't need to know that!

EDIT: Meant for LG's post about Duggan and Hart. I already knew Pat was gay and there's nothing wrong with that :shifty: