PDA

View Full Version : *UPDATED* WWE Diva Emma arrested; mugshot; released from WWE & then reinstated & more

LionDen
07-01-2014, 08:59 PM
http://37.media.tumblr.com/a3886b3e3886bc1367a4bcfcf3ad9e8f/tumblr_mp1vfa3NTe1rxy1koo1_500.png

WWE's Emma (real name Tenille Dashwood, 25) was arrested yesterday in Hartford, CT and charged with sixth-degree larceny.

Dashwood was arrested at 1 PM at 495 Flatbush Avenue, the location of a Wal-Mart. She was released at 2:13 PM.

In the State of Connecticut, sixth-degree larceny is a shoplifting charge of an item worth $250 or Less. The crime, if convicted, could lead to a sentence of up to 3 months in jail and/or fines up to $500. It is considered a Class C Misdemeanor.

Dashwood did not appear on Raw, although she was referenced by name backstage by Santino Marella in a vignette. She was backstage during the event.

WWE issued the following statement to PWInsider this afternoon:

"WWE is aware that Tenille Dashwood (WWE Diva Emma) was arrested for shoplifting. Ms. Dashwood is ultimately responsible for her personal actions."

Dashwood was arrested and charged with sixth-degree larceny yesterday at a Hartford, CT Wal-Mart.

*UPDATED*

Emma's mugshot.

http://imageshack.com/a/img853/7784/90mv.jpg
Emma's mugshot

UPDATED:

The Hartford Courant reported that WWE's Emma, Tenille Dashwood was in a Hartford, CT community court today and ordered to perform community service.

An attorney handling her case, Hubert Santos, stated that the arrest stemmed from a mistake Dashwood made while using a self-service checkout machine. She had purchased $30 worth of merchandise, but had accidentally forgotten to pay for "an ipod or ipad", leading to her arrest.

UPDATED:

When she appeared in community court earlier today, WWE Diva Emma was told that upon completion of an online course and her community service, the seventh-degree larceny charge and her arrest will be thrown out.

UPDATED:

The Hartford Police Department issued the following:

On June 30, 2014 at approximately 1:00pm, Hartford Police Officers were contacted by Walmart Security (asset protection) Officers regarding a potential Larceny/shoplifter. Based on the investigation by HPD, Tenille A. Dashwood, 25, of Australia and Winter Park Fl. was arrested and charged with Larceny in the 6th degree, with a referral to the Hartford Community Court. Dashwood was booked at HPD and issued a WPTA. The unpaid item for which the larceny charge was applied was an “iHome ‘Slim Swivel’ iPad mini case” color red with a value of $21.14. Mug shot attached.

*UPDATED*

Backstage reaction to Emma's arrest.

It's being reported that there's actually not a whole lot of worry backstage in WWE right now concerning Emma's arrest yesterday. The general consensus is that although it's getting a lot of attention today, it will all die down tomorrow and be virtually forgotten by the end of the week.

*UPDATED*

WWE announced the following:

"WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Diva Emma as of today, July 2, 2014. WWE wishes Emma the best in all her future endeavors."

Obviously, this is fallout of her arrest for shoplifting on Monday at a Hartford, CT Wal-Mart.

Emma, real name Tenile Dashwood, was the company's first-ever Australian-born Diva. Trained by Lance Storm, she was signed to a developmental deal in 2011 and became one of the more popular female performers in NXT. She was brought up to the main roster earlier this year in a comedy role, teaming with Santino Marella. She made her lone Wrestlemania appearance in a multi-Diva match at Wrestlemania 30.

Her release comes five weeks before she would have made her WWE debut in her home country of Australia as she was booked for live events in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth the weekend of 8/7-8/9.

*UPDATED*

WWLP channel 22 in Connecticut featured a piece on the arrest.

HARTFORD, Conn. (WTNH) – A female wrestler, known for her work with the WWE, was arrested on shoplifting charges on Monday.

Police said 25-year old Tenille Dashwood, known by WWE fans as “Emma,” was stopped at WalMart on Monday afternoon for allegedly stealing an iPad Mini case, worth about $20.

Dashwood was charged with larceny, and released. She is from Australia, and lives in Winter Park, Florida. The WWE was in Hartford Monday for a show at the XL Center.

According to the Hartford Courant, Dashwood’s lawyer said she was using the self-checkout machine at WalMart when she bought about $30 worth of items but forgot to pay for the case.

This is Emma’s bio from the WWE’s official website:

“A Diva who dances like no one’s watching and can pack a mean punch, Emma boasts a wacky attitude and quirky confidence that would make even the boldest men raise an eyebrow. This lively Diva is known for punctuating her victories with a unique dance that has left the WWE Universe befuddled. But Emma insists its significance is simple: “It’s my victory dance,” she says. “It reminds me to celebrate the fact that I am, indeed, a winner.”

Original article can be found here (http://wwlp.com/2014/07/01/wwe-wrestler-arrested-on-walmart-shoplifting-charges/).

*UPDATED*

lol

WWE.com has released a statement reinstating Emma:

"Upon further evaluation, WWE has reinstated Tenille Dashwood (WWE Diva Emma) but will take appropriate punitive action for her violation of the law."

I am curious whether this has anything to do with the upcoming tour of Australia. Since Emma is a Australian born diva, a lot of fans would like to see her. The truth will come out eventually I guess.

UPDATED:

Possible reason why Emma was reinstated.

In asking around, one of the beliefs as to why Emma was reinstated was that other talents have been arrested for far more serious crimes and were not let go, which could have left the door open for questions to WWE about why she was let go for a far lesser offense. A few wrestlers also believed that TMZ running a headline noting she was let go for a $22 item could have led to WWE re-thinking the release as it made them look bad. The release did catch a lot of people within the company by surprise today since it seemed to have blown over by yesterday once it was ruled that if she followed the orders of the court, the charges would be thrown out. WWE did note she would be undergoing punishment for the issue but did not specify what that could be.

LionDen
07-01-2014, 09:44 PM
UPDATED:

he Hartford Courant reported that WWE's Emma, Tenille Dashwood was in a Hartford, CT community court today and ordered to perform community service.

An attorney handling her case, Hubert Santos, stated that the arrest stemmed from a mistake Dashwood made while using a self-service checkout machine. She had purchased $30 worth of merchandise, but had accidentally forgotten to pay for "an ipod or ipad", leading to her arrest.

John
07-01-2014, 10:17 PM
As far as I'm concerned, I completely think this was a mistake and she never intended to steal a $10 iPod case. Those machines can be tricky.. And why would she steal an item of little value and pay for everything else? The community service seems a little harsh, if it is a mistake and I totally disagree that WWE should fire her.

LionDen
07-01-2014, 11:02 PM
As far as I'm concerned, I completely think this was a mistake and she never intended to steal a $10 iPod case. Those machines can be tricky.. And why would she steal an item of little value and pay for everything else? The community service seems a little harsh, if it is a mistake and I totally disagree that WWE should fire her.

I find it funny she would steal anything of that value with the money she makes, unless she has a serious problem.

LionDen
07-01-2014, 11:03 PM
UPDATED:

When she appeared in community court earlier today, WWE Diva Emma was told that upon completion of an online course and her community service, the seventh-degree larceny charge and her arrest will be thrown out.

LionDen
07-02-2014, 12:26 AM
UPDATED:

The Hartford Police Department issued the following:

On June 30, 2014 at approximately 1:00pm, Hartford Police Officers were contacted by Walmart Security (asset protection) Officers regarding a potential Larceny/shoplifter. Based on the investigation by HPD, Tenille A. Dashwood, 25, of Australia and Winter Park Fl. was arrested and charged with Larceny in the 6th degree, with a referral to the Hartford Community Court. Dashwood was booked at HPD and issued a WPTA. The unpaid item for which the larceny charge was applied was an “iHome ‘Slim Swivel’ iPad mini case” color red with a value of $21.14. Mug shot attached.

LionDen
07-02-2014, 04:21 AM
*UPDATED*

Emma's mugshot.

http://imageshack.com/a/img853/7784/90mv.jpg
Emma's mugshot

LionDen
07-02-2014, 04:32 AM
*UPDATED*

Backstage reaction to Emma's arrest.

It's being reported that there's actually not a whole lot of worry backstage in WWE right now concerning Emma's arrest yesterday. The general consensus is that although it's getting a lot of attention today, it will all die down tomorrow and be virtually forgotten by the end of the week.

Role Model
07-02-2014, 04:36 AM
What a stupid thing to do. I mean sure they were not using her at all on the main roster but this is not the way to get them to notice you.

Big Evil
07-02-2014, 04:41 AM
Hey, this could be an honest mistake blown out of proportion. Walmart decided to make a police case out of it but I think she will do what is necessary and put this behind her. Let's not forget that wrestlers have made huge mistakes and thrown away a great chance at being on top. RVD was WWE and ECW champion before being busted for weed and losing all of that. Jack Swagger came back and was looking at a huge push before his arrest for weed threw that away. If the offense was something deemed harmful to WWE I think she would either be buried, sent back to NXT, or fired... maybe all in that order. This will blow over.

LionDen
07-02-2014, 04:46 AM
Hey, this could be an honest mistake blown out of proportion. Walmart decided to make a police case out of it but I think she will do what is necessary and put this behind her. Let's not forget that wrestlers have made huge mistakes and thrown away a great chance at being on top. RVD was WWE and ECW champion before being busted for weed and losing all of that. Jack Swagger came back and was looking at a huge push before his arrest for weed threw that away. If the offense was something deemed harmful to WWE I think she would either be buried, sent back to NXT, or fired... maybe all in that order. This will blow over.

I agree completely. I still wonder why would she even steal something that cheap with the salary she gets. Unless as I mentioned she has a problem like Winona Ryder. lol

Good memory by the way Big Evil. :)

What a stupid thing to do. I mean sure they were not using her at all on the main roster but this is not the way to get them to notice you.

LMAO .. love that comment:

"this is not the way to get them to notice you."

lol It certainly is one way to do it.

LionDen
07-02-2014, 09:14 PM
*UPDATED*

WWE announced the following:

"WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Diva Emma as of today, July 2, 2014. WWE wishes Emma the best in all her future endeavors."

Obviously, this is fallout of her arrest for shoplifting on Monday at a Hartford, CT Wal-Mart.

Emma, real name Tenile Dashwood, was the company's first-ever Australian-born Diva. Trained by Lance Storm, she was signed to a developmental deal in 2011 and became one of the more popular female performers in NXT. She was brought up to the main roster earlier this year in a comedy role, teaming with Santino Marella. She made her lone Wrestlemania appearance in a multi-Diva match at Wrestlemania 30.

Her release comes five weeks before she would have made her WWE debut in her home country of Australia as she was booked for live events in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth the weekend of 8/7-8/9.

Role Model
07-02-2014, 09:19 PM
So drinking and driving doesn't get you fired, but accidentally stealing something does...
http://i.imgur.com/KYJg2Er.gif

LionDen
07-02-2014, 09:26 PM
So drinking and driving doesn't get you fired, but accidentally stealing something does...
http://i.imgur.com/KYJg2Er.gif

lol or smoking weed or testing positive to any drug, apparently that is fine. This is unfair as I will be at one of those shows, it was awesome having an Aussie in the WWE. This is just stupid IMO!

I will be interested to see who was actually behind her firing.

LionDen
07-02-2014, 10:31 PM
*UPDATED*

WWLP channel 22 in Connecticut featured a piece on the arrest.

HARTFORD, Conn. (WTNH) – A female wrestler, known for her work with the WWE, was arrested on shoplifting charges on Monday.

Police said 25-year old Tenille Dashwood, known by WWE fans as “Emma,” was stopped at WalMart on Monday afternoon for allegedly stealing an iPad Mini case, worth about $20.

Dashwood was charged with larceny, and released. She is from Australia, and lives in Winter Park, Florida. The WWE was in Hartford Monday for a show at the XL Center.

According to the Hartford Courant, Dashwood’s lawyer said she was using the self-checkout machine at WalMart when she bought about $30 worth of items but forgot to pay for the case.

This is Emma’s bio from the WWE’s official website:

“A Diva who dances like no one’s watching and can pack a mean punch, Emma boasts a wacky attitude and quirky confidence that would make even the boldest men raise an eyebrow. This lively Diva is known for punctuating her victories with a unique dance that has left the WWE Universe befuddled. But Emma insists its significance is simple: “It’s my victory dance,” she says. “It reminds me to celebrate the fact that I am, indeed, a winner.”

Original article can be found here (http://wwlp.com/2014/07/01/wwe-wrestler-arrested-on-walmart-shoplifting-charges/).

LionDen
07-02-2014, 11:22 PM
*UPDATED*

lol

WWE.com has released a statement reinstating Emma:

"Upon further evaluation, WWE has reinstated Tenille Dashwood (WWE Diva Emma) but will take appropriate punitive action for her violation of the law."

I am curious whether this has anything to do with the upcoming tour of Australia. Since Emma is a Australian born diva, a lot of fans would like to see her. The truth will come out eventually I guess.

Rob
07-03-2014, 06:09 AM
Some wrestlers (swagger, flair, etc) have done worse and still had jobs.

OldSchoool
07-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Hope it was just a mistake, and she can go on with her career

LionDen
07-05-2014, 04:45 AM
UPDATED:

Possible reason why Emma was reinstated.

In asking around, one of the beliefs as to why Emma was reinstated was that other talents have been arrested for far more serious crimes and were not let go, which could have left the door open for questions to WWE about why she was let go for a far lesser offense. A few wrestlers also believed that TMZ running a headline noting she was let go for a $22 item could have led to WWE re-thinking the release as it made them look bad. The release did catch a lot of people within the company by surprise today since it seemed to have blown over by yesterday once it was ruled that if she followed the orders of the court, the charges would be thrown out. WWE did note she would be undergoing punishment for the issue but did not specify what that could be.