PDA

View Full Version : Bad News Barrett To Miss Several Months, WWE Vacates IC Title

Slayer_X
07-02-2014, 12:54 AM
Bad News Barrett To Miss Several Months, WWE Vacates IC Title

July 1, 2014

Bad News Barrett
Courtesy of Wade Barrett – WWE Universe Facebook

Did Bad News Barrett curse himself with this gimmick or what? He went from delivering bad news to everyone under the sun to receiving it worse than anyone. I’ve heard stories of heels getting their rightful comeuppance, but this is beyond ridiculous.
Barrett was injured during a WWE SmackDown taping on Jun. 24, when Jack Swagger launched him into a ringside barricade during a post-match brawl. Barrett separated his shoulder and was forced to miss the Money in the Bank PPV, where he was scheduled to appear in the MITB briefcase ladder match. There was some hope that Barrett would be able to return shortly thereafter, but medical professionals have informed him otherwise.
The bad news? Barrett will need surgery to repair the damage to his shoulder, and he will be out of action for several months. It’s a stinging blow for a wrestler who was beginning to find himself in the ring and getting over with the fans. Audiences love his “Bad News” moniker, but Barrett has been proving week after week that he’s more than just a catchphrase.
His run as IC Champion was finally picking up steam, and it’s a cruel blow that his title must be vacated. The WWE announced that a new champion will be decided in an Intercontinental Championship Battleground Battle Royal on July 20. For all you literature scholars out there, the alliteration is no accident. Damien Sandow, Cesaro, Kofi Kingston and the Great Khali are the only names confirmed for the match so far. Minus Cesaro, that’s not exactly an all-star crew.
There is no official timetable for Barrett’s return to action, but it’s going to take at least a few months. Until then, all we can do is hope for some good news and a quick recovery.

LionDen
07-02-2014, 05:55 AM
Damien Sandow, Cesaro, Kofi Kingston and the Great Khali are the only names confirmed for the match so far. Minus Cesaro, that’s not exactly an all-star crew.

Poor ol Sandow, I think he is under rated. I do see Cesaro winning though.