PDA

View Full Version : Article on whether WWE stock will ever get higher

LionDen
09-19-2014, 02:30 PM
eekingAlpha.com featured a piece on WWE "being at the crossroads" saying it remains to be seen whether the company will ever get their stock traded at a higher price than it currently is. Well, you could say that about any stock, right? You can read the article by clicking here (http://seekingalpha.com/article/2503485-world-wrestling-entertainment-is-now-at-a-crossroads?uprof=25).

Funnily enough, this weeks announcement of a TV deal with FOX Sports Latin America led to some after-hours trading of the WWE stock Thursday night. They were up 2.26% to $14.95 at one point last night.

Will
09-20-2014, 04:47 AM
Its in the toilet right now while they figure out this network stuff, of course it will eventually go up. It cant really go down anymore.

Rob
09-20-2014, 07:20 AM
In the toilet? It was 8 bucks a share a year and a half ago... went up to over 30 with the network and stabalized at 15 a share. Vince has made 3 billion, lost 2, and settled at a billion dollars.

LionDen
09-20-2014, 10:53 PM
Lucky there was no stock situation when WWE created XFL lol :shifty:

Will
09-21-2014, 03:26 PM
In the toilet? It was 8 bucks a share a year and a half ago... went up to over 30 with the network and stabalized at 15 a share. Vince has made 3 billion, lost 2, and settled at a billion dollars.

yes 14$ a share is in the toilet for a billion dollar corporation. I know wwe stock always sucks, but that doesn't make mediocrity good or acceptable. I guarantee you Vince isn't sitting there saying, oh well we lost 20$ a share when we launched the network but we are back up 3$, happy days are here again.

Will
09-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Lucky there was no stock situation when WWE created XFL lol :shifty: WWE was a publicly traded company back then, the stock was 10.31$ the week they announced the xfl and 13.33 the week it discontinued. The xfl wasn't as big of a failure as history remembers it. Vince has said many times that he would have continued on with it if the network deal with nbc hadn't fell apart and I agree with him in theory. I think it would have found a market.

Rob
09-21-2014, 05:43 PM
yes 14$ a share is in the toilet for a billion dollar corporation. I know wwe stock always sucks, but that doesn't make mediocrity good or acceptable. I guarantee you Vince isn't sitting there saying, oh well we lost 20$ a share when we launched the network but we are back up 3$, happy days are here again.

The point is, year-over-year it is much higher than it was. WWE stock was overvalued for several months.

LionDen
09-21-2014, 10:57 PM
WWE was a publicly traded company back then, the stock was 10.31$ the week they announced the xfl and 13.33 the week it discontinued. The xfl wasn't as big of a failure as history remembers it. Vince has said many times that he would have continued on with it if the network deal with nbc hadn't fell apart and I agree with him in theory. I think it would have found a market.

Ahhh, thankk you for the heads up :)