PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Stone done a piece on the Florida-Georgia Line cameo at Night of Champions

LionDen
09-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Original article can be found by clicking here (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/florida-georgia-line-talk-new-single-sun-daze-make-wwe-cameo-20140923).

Florida Georgia Line Talk New Single 'Sun Daze,' Make WWE Cameo

The country duo aim to keep summer going with bright, vibrant release from the upcoming 'Anything Goes'

http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/2014/article/florida-georgia-line-talk-new-single-sun-daze-make-wwe-cameo-20140923/169434/medium_rect/1411502357/720x405-455695468.jpg

When Florida Georgia Line's Tyler Hubbard and Brian Kelley had Rolling Stone Country in the studio recently to preview their upcoming album Anything Goes, out October 14th, one song in particular sounded like an instant single — and, quite likely, a radio smash — the bright chillaxing anthem "Sun Daze."

Officially released as the follow-up single to Anything Goes' first Number One "Dirt," the song boasts a whistled intro and drum-line beat and stands as FGL's bid to keep the summer from ever ending. Hubbard, who got engaged to girlfriend Hayley Stommel yesterday, says the song was written on the road, while the red-hot duo were on tour with "Cruise" remix collaborator Nelly.

"We love to write and we're always writing, and sometimes that happens where you write a song and you just have to cut it. It feels huge and we were pumped up when we wrote it. The whole next night and next day, we were playing it over and over," says Hubbard. "It's a feel-good song, but it's out of the box and it never seems to get old."

"Sun Daze" has been raising eyebrows with its overt reference to smoking pot in the line "All I want to do today is wear my favorite shades and get stoned." Hubbard admitted during Rolling Stone Country's studio visit that "stoned" likely wouldn't fly on conservative country station playlists. "We'll probably have to come up with a different word for the radio edit," he said.

Hubbard's bandmate Kelley, who came up with the "shades" and "stoned" lyric, says the song was born from Florida Georgia Line's carefree attitude. "I've heard it said that pressure can breed creativity, but I don't think we have any pressure on us," he says. "The music that we've been making, getting these songs back, and hearing them, we're in the same place we were when we were making [their debut Here's to the Good Times]. Our songs are inspiring us."

Knee deep in promotion for the release of Anything Goes, Florida Georgia Line made an appearance at a WWE pay-per-view wrestling event this weekend in Nashville, ending up in an "altercation" with the Miz associate Damien Sandow. The group will return to the WWE in December when they perform at the annual Tribute to the Troops special.

Listen to Florida Georgia Line's new single "Sun Daze" below.

605iDhq4S5o

Original article can be found by clicking here (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/florida-georgia-line-talk-new-single-sun-daze-make-wwe-cameo-20140923).