PDA

View Full Version : Lesnar off TV for the rest of 2014?

Role Model
10-13-2014, 04:40 AM
When Is Brock Lesnar Scheduled to Return to WWE Television?

Lesnar is scheduled to return back to TV in January to hype his title defense at the Royal Rumble. At this point his opponent is likely to be John Cena. It has also been reported that the reason the WWE is not using Lesnar for extra dates is that the money spent on him to work the shows will not generate enough money earned to make it cost-effective.

Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Newsletter

the madscotsman
10-13-2014, 01:50 PM
So basically the World champion is off tv for 4 months.

Big Evil
10-13-2014, 10:02 PM
This is exactly why I didn't want Lesnar to be Champion. You need a physical presence there on tv for both the fans and the legitimacy of the title. They aren't even putting Heyman out there enough to get the message across and keep Lesnar in our minds. He's gonna pop up in January and people aren't going to care as much as if he put on matches every so often. I don't want Cena champion, but I'd like to know we have one at all.

Smartmark
10-13-2014, 11:14 PM
FFS!

Travicity
10-14-2014, 12:01 AM
Who cares really. Doesn't need to be defended every month.

Role Model
10-14-2014, 01:08 AM
I like this as it forces the WWE to establish more main event wrestlers (Rollins,Ambrose). It's something WWE is lacking at the moment, and I am willing to say if Lesnar was on TV every week, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose wouldn't be given the spot their in right now. If we are not going to see Lesnar back on TV till the new year....screw it. This time allows the WWE to build up Rollins/Ambrose as main event guys.

the madscotsman
10-14-2014, 03:37 PM
I agree that it doesn't need to be defended every month in fact I think it wouls mean more if it where that way. but you should at least have the champion on one of your three tv shows every week.

LionDen
10-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Not the point though, he should show his face as World Heavyweight Champion IMO. It is the main title for the company.

Kage
10-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Doesn't matter. Cena is the face of the company and the main draw whether or not he has the belt or not.

the madscotsman
10-15-2014, 12:06 PM
But the champ should still be there.

LionDen
10-16-2014, 11:21 AM
But the champ should still be there.

Exactly, fine Cena is the face but IMO it is disrespectful to the title itself. Why should someone woin it and just never show up. Lesnar might as well go on TNA Impact and throw it in the garbage. lol deja vu

the madscotsman
10-16-2014, 02:12 PM
If Lesnar IS going to be off tv then the announcers/ wrestlers should acknowledge the fact that he isn't there is disrespectful to the title and the previous champions. Use it to get more heat on Lesnar Instead of just accepting it as a fact that he won't be there and not mentioning it.

LionDen
10-16-2014, 02:39 PM
If Lesnar IS going to be off tv then the announcers/ wrestlers should acknowledge the fact that he isn't there is disrespectful to the title and the previous champions. Use it to get more heat on Lesnar Instead of just accepting it as a fact that he won't be there and not mentioning it.

Exactly, why can't he at least do video promos from his home or where ever he is and say that there is no one in WWE worthy of him showing up or something. Then continue from there.