PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Facing Rusev at WrestleMania 31?

LG
01-15-2015, 04:42 AM
We noted back in 2014 that WWE officials had talked about doing Rusev vs. John Cena at WrestleMania 31. The idea at the time was to have Rusev cost John Cena his WWE World Heavyweight Title match at the Royal Rumble.

WWE is currently advertising Cena and Randy Orton vs. Rusev and Seth Rollins for the February 27th live event from Madison Square Garden. This could be a sign that they are going ahead with plans for Cena vs. Rusev. So far there has been no interaction with Rusev and either Cena or Orton that would lead to that main event being booked. It’s also possible that Cena vs. Rusev is just the live event program during WrestleMania season.

Other matches advertised for the next MSG show include Kane vs. Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt vs. Roman Reigns, Cesaro vs. Dean Ambrose and an appearance by Chris Jericho.

ringsidenews

The Anthority
01-15-2015, 12:38 PM
Captain America vs Evil Bulgarian/Russian...I smell this...

the madscotsman
01-15-2015, 02:33 PM
I love the idea of Rusev beating Cena at Mania with the camel clutch. It'll never happen, but I still love the idea.

muzi
01-15-2015, 09:02 PM
I love the idea of Rusev beating Cena at Mania with the camel clutch. It'll never happen, but I still love the idea.

Cena will surprisingly overcome the odds..

BEST FOR BUSINESS
01-16-2015, 01:35 AM
As long as it means Cena loses at the Rumble I'm all for it. The angle and feud sets up perfectly for both guys, and if it wasn't going to be Ambrose who gives Rusev his first loss why not let it be John Cena. It's almost too perfect and hopefully WWE goes thru with this.

Shootkick Man
01-16-2015, 02:49 AM
Which means they are probably building up Orton vs Rollins at WrestleMania as well. So this what we could be looking at so far and this is pure speculation:

Brock Lesner vs Roman Reigns vs Daniel Bryan
Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt
Triple H vs Sting
John Cena vs Rusev
Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins

LG
01-16-2015, 05:09 AM
Which means they are probably building up Orton vs Rollins at WrestleMania as well. So this what we could be looking at so far and this is pure speculation:

Brock Lesner vs Roman Reigns vs Daniel Bryan
Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt
Triple H vs Sting
John Cena vs Rusev
Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins

that would honestly be one hell of a card