PDA

View Full Version : WWE Issues Statement on SummerSlam Location

LG
01-15-2015, 02:23 PM
Regarding the Izod Center in New Jersey possibly being shut down soon, WWE issued the following statement on the planned venue for SummerSlam 2015:

“WWE is currently looking at alternatives and we are confident that we will come up with an equivalent, if not better, option for Summerslam.”

the madscotsman
01-15-2015, 02:31 PM
Isn't it about time they did a PPV in the U.K again?

PrimeTime420
01-15-2015, 11:58 PM
MSG would be ideal in my opinion, but I suspect they'll move it to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn or the Prudential Center in Newark

BEST FOR BUSINESS
01-16-2015, 01:01 AM
None of those are bad choices, but I was thinking Sunmerslam should be at the Red Bulls stadium? It's outdoors, it'll hold 30k people, and it'll really help make Summerslam appear to be the #2 show again.

the123kid
01-19-2015, 02:51 AM
I'm more bummed out the Izod center is closing down. That RAW after WM29 is one of the greatest crowds of all time.

Rob
01-19-2015, 04:31 AM
Regarding the Izod Center in New Jersey possibly being shut down soon, WWE issued the following statement on the planned venue for SummerSlam 2015:

“WWE is currently looking at alternatives and we are confident that we will come up with an equivalent, if not better, option for Summerslam.”

MSG FTW

Rob
01-19-2015, 04:32 AM
Isn't it about time they did a PPV in the U.K again?

The only downside of that would be that it would have to be taped in the US to be live over there. They're 6 hours ahead of the eastern time zone, meaning that a PPV live here would have to go on at 2AM over there.

the madscotsman
01-19-2015, 02:00 PM
It's going to be on the WWE network so it could be shown live on the network at 7pm in the U.K (which I think would be 1pm est).
Even if people in the U.S don't want to watch it then, they can watch it later as it'll be on the network.

I think this is a really good idea if they are serious about Adrian Neville or Wade Barrett.

Oh and MSG FTW.