PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Q&A: Who Will Replace Cena?, Hogan/WWE, Evolution, More

Kemo
09-03-2015, 10:25 PM
The following are highlights from the latest Q&A update by WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross:

On wrestlers using the "Crippler Crossface" and if it is an homage to Chris Benoit: "I don't think a homage is even in the equation. It's an easy hold to apply and an easy hold to take. It is established and so it is utilized and has zero to do with Chris in my opinion. I agree that Chris was a great, technical wrestler."

On whether or not Randy Orton & Batista would have been as big without Evolution: "I think that Orton and Batista would have both evolved into being stars without Evolution but being in Evolution greatly quickened their rise to the top. Not sure who I would put in an Evolution like faction today as there are not many veteran legends working full time schedules these days."

On who will replace John Cena as the next top guy and when it will happen: "Someone will eventually replace Cena as the top dog in WWE but it won't be any time soon from what I see. Lesnar's the man when he's there but Cena is there all he time so Cena is the #1 talent in WWE based on that. Who becomes the top draw depends on many variables that I cannot address and neither can anyone else. Only time will tell but the spot is going to be wide open and who steps up to take it remains to be seen."

On how he prepares for his podcast interviews: "I generally prepare a day or two depending on the guest and I often times ask my Twitter followers if they have any questions that they want me to address with the guest. My interview style is laid back and casual and I try to be more conversational than not."

On WWE removing Hulk Hogan from the Hall Of Fame and if they will ever work together again: "I'm uncomfortable with removing people from the Hall of Fame but I understand not promoting them if the situations warrants it in the future. I'd guess that WWE and Hulk will do business again some day as time heals many wounds. It's a matter that I can't affect so I don't worry about it whatsoever. Why worry about things that one cannot affect? I also don't understand multiple inductees."