PDA

View Full Version : Jay Lethal Comments On WWE 'Copying' ROH Storylines

Kemo
09-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Ring of Honor World Heavyweight and TV Champion Jay Lethal recently appeared on Ring Rust Radio and commented on whether WWE is copying ROH storylines by having their top champion Seth Rollins also hold a secondary title.

“I just happen to think it’s total coincidence," Lethal said. "In wrestling, you’re constantly trying to do what’s never been done or what hasn’t been done in a really long time. I can only remember such an event happening and the one that comes to mind is Warrior and Hogan, intercontinental title and world title. That was our mindset, and I’m sure it’s their mindset too. To say that we inspired their story line, if I could find out that it was 100% true, I would be so honored. Man what an honor to say you did something that inspired the number one wrestling company in the world. Especially since for years they have done things that have inspired other wrestling promotions.”

He also spoke about what it's like to finally be the face of Ring of Honor. “I hope this doesn’t sound too cocky, but I don’t feel any pressure in that aspect" he said.

"To use your words, I feel like if ROH hitched their wagon to me, it’s because they are enjoying, like, agree, and approve of everything I am doing. If I didn’t remain to just do what I am doing, then I feel that could have some negative impact. I am in the spot I am in because I deserve it and work hard and have been doing something the company likes. Just keep doing what I am doing and the company will keep liking it and happy that they put me in that spot. I don’t feel any pressure in that aspect because I will just keep doing what I have been doing. No need for the extra pressure or to make it more interesting, just keep doing what I have been doing and everything should be good, that’s my logic.”