PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin Says WWE Having Celebrities Wrestle Is Embarrassing

Kemo
09-05-2015, 07:06 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin is not a fan of WWE bringing in celebrities to wrestle. During a recent episode of his Steve Austin Show podcast, Stone Cold looked back at Stephen Amell competing at SummerSlam, saying that it hurts the credibility of the wrestlers when a 'civilian' comes in and is able compete with WWE Superstars.

“I just don’t like the celebrities coming in there, the squared circle, and being able to compete at any level with the guys in the business,” Austin vented. “You’ve got to protect some integrity of the [professional wrestling] business. I don’t care what day and age, what year it is.”

Austin says it's flat out embarrassing when celebrities get in the ring and WWE's booking is a big part of that.

“It was what it was, but I just got a hard time seeing that kid come off with that crossbody on the top rope on twoWWE guys down there [at ringside].”

“So was it embarrassing? You’re damn right it was, but for the wrong reasons and the reasons [were] bad booking,” Austin said. “It was for a shoot embarrassing to those guys to have to go out there and do that with the actor guy involved, but that’s on a shoot level, so it was an embarrassment to the booking and I felt bad for those guys because they were in that role.”