PDA

View Full Version : Alberto Del Rio Talks Having To Unmask When WWE Signed Him

Kemo
09-18-2015, 02:47 AM
sPGo2n9LRpw

Alberto Del Rio, currently known as Alberto El Patron in AAA, is on a media tour to promote the new Combate Americas MMA promotion which he’ll be doing commentary for on NBC Universo (formerly mun2). Along the way, he gave an interview to Bleacher Report’s Jonathan Snowden in which he spoke of various topics, including the somewhat controversial one of voluntarily unmasking when he signed with WWE. Del Rio is a second generation wrestler, the son of the legendary Dos Caras and nephew of not only Mil Mascaras, but also El Sicodelico. He was carrying on his father’s legacy as Dos Caras Jr. when he signed with WWE. Snowden asked him about making the change, and here’s what he had to say:

In Mexico we see the business in a different way. But when I moved here to the States and started to work for WWE, I saw quickly the differences between one place and the other.

Here you have to be able to communicate, to tell the audience what you are feeling, your emotions. If you’re feeling pain, if you’re happy, if you’re frustrated. It helps you sell your character even better.

As far what his father and uncles thought, he said:

They did approve my decision. Before doing it, before removing the mask, I asked them. Especially my dad. I asked my dad if he was good with the idea of me doing that. Because if he would have disagreed, I wouldn’t have done it. Ever.

All my decisions are based on what my father says, because he has been with me since the beginning of my career. The beginning of my life. For me, it’s really important what my dad has to say.

When I asked him, he was totally cool with the idea. He said “You belong with the most important wrestling company in the world. And removing the mask is going to take you to the place where you deserve to be. So be it.”

I did it and the rest is history.

In the full interview, Del Rio talks about his MMA career (where he usually wore his mask!), working for Combate Americas, CM Punk’s MMA prospects, and more.