PDA

View Full Version : Update On Sting's Neck Injury, MRI Results Revealed

Kemo
09-22-2015, 03:33 PM
After undergoing medical tests to determine the extent of his injuries at Night of Champions, we can thankfully report that Sting's neck is not broken.

Sting was taken to the hospital after Night of Champions and reportedly underwent a CAT scan and MRI. According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, "He was able to walk [after the PPV], but he was not doing well ... The MRI showed no fractures”

There had been plans for Sting to appear in the opening segment of RAW, but he wound up going home after a long 24 hours. Sting suffered the neck injury after taking a powerbomb into turnbuckles at Night Of Champions. Despite the relieving medical news, Meltzer thinks WWE is "going to be leery" about putting Sting back in the ring after this close call.

muzi
09-22-2015, 06:12 PM
I see that as Sting's fault only..Rollins led him very well through the match but Sting has to time the bumps exactly when having a physical 15 minutes match.

The only fault of Rollins was to get rid of the one monitor in the spanish anouncement table he put Sting into which was the 1st spot he was very lucky to not get injured

Kemo
09-22-2015, 06:42 PM
I see that as Sting's fault only..Rollins led him very well through the match but Sting has to time the bumps exactly when having a physical 15 minutes match.

The only fault of Rollins was to get rid of the one monitor in the spanish anouncement table he put Sting into which was the 1st spot he was very lucky to not get injured

I disagree. Sting is a well rounded vet. He knows that ring WAY better than Rollins does. Rollins has been sloppy. He broke Cena's nose by being sloppy and this one should be at his feet too. He's the one who executed the powerbomb that put Sting down, if he's not powerful enough to execute these moves precisely, then he needs to go to the Performance Center and busted down to mid-card status.

muzi
09-23-2015, 07:46 PM
I disagree. Sting is a well rounded vet. He knows that ring WAY better than Rollins does. Rollins has been sloppy. He broke Cena's nose by being sloppy and this one should be at his feet too. He's the one who executed the powerbomb that put Sting down, if he's not powerful enough to execute these moves precisely, then he needs to go to the Performance Center and busted down to mid-card status.

I re-watched the spot and I still think that (beside wrestling being a 'team' action, so both have to be responsible for everything when they 'tango') Sting should have timed this bump better as Rollins can simply not control 100% on the spot where Sting lands and, imo, Sting looks like not knowing when he hits he turnbuckle..

The story with Cena's nose is a different thing..

Kemo
09-23-2015, 10:25 PM
I re-watched the spot and I still think that (beside wrestling being a 'team' action, so both have to be responsible for everything when they 'tango') Sting should have timed this bump better as Rollins can simply not control 100% on the spot where Sting lands and, imo, Sting looks like not knowing when he hits he turnbuckle..

The story with Cena's nose is a different thing..

Rollins shouldn't execute a move if he doesn't have the power and strength to do so. Rollins had Sting up and ran to the other side of the ring, and threw him into the turnbuckles. It was sloppy.

https://youtu.be/qAZ7HQWIyek?t=5m48s

muzi
09-24-2015, 07:30 PM
Rollins shouldn't execute a move if he doesn't have the power and strength to do so. Rollins had Sting up and ran to the other side of the ring, and threw him into the turnbuckles. It was sloppy.

https://youtu.be/qAZ7HQWIyek?t=5m48s

http://www.prowrestling.com/must-read-sting-update-injury-update-career-future-return-more/

I guess not even the guys theirself come to terms who's 'fault' it was..

Slayer_X
09-24-2015, 08:58 PM
Sting at his age shouldn't have been in the ring with Rollins much less taking turnbuckle powerbombs . Rollins did look abit sloppy . In his second match that night . In a row . I'm hearing alot of comparisons of Seth to HBK . I like Seth but he is far from pulling that lengthy of a performance flawlessly and his opponents are not Bret Hart or a young Undertaker .