PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Responds To Buff Bagwell’s Claims That JR Ruined His Career

Kemo
11-05-2015, 05:53 PM
On this week’s edition of the “Ross Report” podcast, WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross responded to Buff Bagwell’s recent claims on Steve Austin’s podcast that Jim Ross ruined his career back in 2001 when Bagwell started with WWE after the purchase of WCW.

Ross mentioned that he has not heard Bagwell’s comments on Austin’s show, and that he wouldn’t be listening to the episode because he’s not interested in hearing himself get buried. JR did, however, address the situation during his show.

“My former job as head of WWE talent relations was oftentimes a thankless job,” said Ross. He added that he had the distinction of having to let people go and noted that it was the worst part of his job.

He said that the good part of his job was helping many wrestlers to live their dreams, become wealthy and help them secure a great quality of life for their families. On the flip-side of the coin, Ross noted that when word came from the top to terminate talent, he had to be the messenger of bad news.

“I never relished in firing people and it only makes sense that if a talent could help a company that I wanted them to make it.”

He added, “I’m sorry Marc feels like he does. I’m sure he believes what’s there is true but I never went out of my way to cause him any misery. I just was the guy that had to deliver the bad news.”