PDA

View Full Version : Georges St-Pierre Preparing For MMA Comeback With Six-Week Training Camp

Kemo
11-05-2015, 06:30 PM
ZGR7g4g0iGk

Former UFC welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre is planning his return to the octagon. St-Pierre’s coach, Freddie Roach, recently stated in an interview that they’re planning have a six-week training camp to determine if the fighter is able to comeback to MMA at the age of 34.

According to his coach, if he doesn’t feel good at the end of this training camp, he will retire for good.

“So we came up with a process. He’s going to train for a fight. He’s going to have a six-week training camp,” Roach told Fight Hub TV. “And at the end of the six weeks, if he feels like he’s ready to fight, and he’s hungry for it like he always has been, he’s going to do it. He going to fight one more time.”

“If he doesn’t feel it, and he feels like it’s just not there, he’s going to let it go, and he’s going to retire. I think it’s a good idea. I think it’s really really smart to do that, to see where he’s at in his mind,” he said. “I really look forward to this training camp.”

St-Pierre has been on a hiatus from MMA after his split-decision victory over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167. GSP said back in November that he would take a break from action, but didn’t specifically say he was going to retire.