PDA

View Full Version : Nia Jax On Her Past As A Plus-Size Model, Journey To WWE, NXT Women’s Division

Kemo
11-06-2015, 01:03 AM
NXT Diva Nia Jax recently spoke with WWE.com about her past and her journey towards joining the company. Below are some of the highlights from the interview.

On being a plus-size model and eventually gaining interest in becoming a wrestler:

“I always had a love for the business. I remember hearing the stories about the patriarch of our family, ‘High Chief’ Peter Maivia, starting out wrestling in a rundown gym back in Auckland, New Zealand, then traveling the world, wrestling all over. I considered wrestling at a young age, but I never could relate to any of the Divas. I have always been a bigger girl, and I did not think that WWE would want a girl my size, so I never expressed my dream to wrestle.”

On what finally led to her wanting a WWE career and her tryout:

“I remember being ringside at WrestleMania 28, watching my cousin Dwayne (The Rock) face Cena, and thinking to myself, ‘I have to do this!’ I remember arriving to my tryout and being extremely nervous, but the second I stepped in the ring, I knew this was where I was supposed to be.”

On being a part of the NXT women’s division:

“NXT women have literally changed women’s wrestling, and being able to be a part of the division is great for me. I am completely different than any other Diva that we have in NXT, and having the advantage of being unique allows me to expand the revolution even further by showing people what a woman of my size can do. Ultimately, I want to convey an image of a beautiful, strong and confident woman. I want young girls to be inspired to love themselves and strive to follow their dreams no matter what.”