PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Q&A: WWE Holding Back Talent, Long Title Reigns & More

Kemo
11-09-2015, 05:26 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated the Q&A section on his website. Here are some highlights from this latest batch:

On wrestlers having long title reigns:

“I think that long runs as a champion is more impressive than winning and losing a title multiple times. It seems to me that it’s more challenging to hold a title over a long haul than to hold it a few weeks/months at a time before winning and losing it over and over again.”

His favorite pro wrestling memorabilia:

“Stone Cold’s boots that he won his first WWE Title in are right up there. Plus, Wrestlemania worn attire by Undertaker, HBK and HHH…John Cena’s title belt and game worn shoes, a Rock shirt he wore on TV, and a pair of red, patent leather boots signed and worn by Ric Flair would all be on the list.”

If WWE purposely holds back talent so they can get over organically:

“Think about it… does it make any common sense or is it logical to creative an environment for anyone in one’s company to NOT be successful? Why would any company want to be LESS successful?”

Buff Bagwell saying that JR made it hard for him & Booker T after their infamous RAW match:

“My memories of those days are different than Mark’s. I explain on this week’s Ross Report podcast at podcastone.com & iTunes. Check it out. Free download.”