PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Blog: What He Doesn’t Like About The WWE Title Tourney, More

Kemo
11-11-2015, 02:10 AM
WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross updated his official blog at JRsBarBQ.com with his thoughts on the beginning of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, as well as other subjects stemming from Monday’s taped edition of RAW. Below are some of the highlights.

On what he likes about the ongoing WWE title tournament:

“I like the fact that this is a 16 man tournament but still single elimination IE a sudden death type format inasmuch that the winners advance and the losers take a seat. That part I like.”

On what he doesn’t like about it:

“The presentation of the WWE Title Tournament did not feel special to me. I was let down by how it was presented which affects how it is going to be perceived. What’s more important in WWE than the WWE Heavyweight Title? NOTHING!!

The tournament has some unique entrants that likely would have not have been there if not for injures and the number of stars that work part time or have to be protected as it relates to being entered in the tournament. I’d have thought that every healthy body would have wanted to throw their name in the tourney hat.”

On who should win the tourney:

“Still feel the next WWE Champion should be a disciple of The Authority which gives that heel much needed resources in a variety of ways to help establish taking unfair advantages and having a crutch to lean on while navigating the road to WrestleMania where I’d suggest Brock Lesnar will be waiting. Still of the mindset that Reigns is the guy to put in that position. Lots of great heat can be derived between November to April along with roadblocks for Lesnar and Heyman.”

On The Undertaker and Kane:

“Good close with the Brothers of Destruction making their return felt and perhaps to the degree that the heel’s (Wyatt’s) heat has been beaten largely off of them. Nonetheless I think it’s a good way to extend the shelf life of both Taker and Kane by putting them in tags.”

On his problem with the WWE Divas:

“Divas, not a great term IMO, need to not be booked like Divas but like the men and given enough time to tell a compelling story or why are they on TV? Just to get TV exposure doesn’t seem to work any longer.”