PDA

View Full Version : Malenko: “Wrestling Fans Haven’t Forgotten & Never Will Forget Eddie Guerrero”

Kemo
11-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Ten years ago today, former WWE champion Eddie Guerrero passed away from heart failure in a Minneapolis hotel. One of his best friends and fellow WWE alumni Dean Malenko recently spoke with The Sun to remember Guerrero.

On his match with Guerrero at WCW Starrcade ’97:

“We’d always try different things every night — see what worked, what didn’t work. And we fell into something, some kind of move – and the place started going crazy.

“I grabbed Eddie in a rear chin lock, and he goes: ‘Listen to the crowd! They’re going nuts!’

“I looked over my right shoulder into the audience, and everybody’s looking up into the tiered seating. There was a girl who had lifted her shirt off and was well-endowed and entertaining the menfolk there in the crowd. So I turned to Eddie and said: ‘This is what they’re popping on, buddy.’

On Seth Rollins using the frog splash:

“Seth [Rollins] had a match with Kane and he hit a frog splash off the top. And the crowd responded by chanting Eddie’s name, and it gave me goosebumps.

“Wrestling fans have never forgotten and will never forget Eddie Guerrero.”