PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley About To Give Up On WWE, Sick Of Talent Being Portrayed As “Jokes”

Kemo
11-24-2015, 11:14 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley is on the verge of becoming a “former WWE fan” because he can’t stand how his favorite wrestlers are portrayed on TV. In a message posted on Facebook, Foley says the guys he roots for (Dolph Ziggler, Cesaro and Kevin Owens) are treated like jokes and it’s no longer a good thing to be called up to the main roster. Foley wrote:

“I am one of those people on the verge of becoming a former WWE fan. I’m tired of being told through Raw, Smackdown and PPV’s that WWE superstars I have rooted for – from Ziggler to Cesaro to Kevin Owens aren’t top stars – no matter how strongly crowd reaction seems to disagree. I’m tired of NXT stars getting their big ‘break’ in WWE, just to be treated like jokes.”

Six months ago, Foley traveled 12 hours to see Sasha Banks wrestle Becky Lynch at NXT Takeover and thought it was one of the greatest women’s matches of all time. Last night, the two of them wrestled for 4 minutes on RAW in a throwaway match with little consequence. Foley says that if a long-time die-hard fan like him is ready to give up, it does not bode well for WWE’s mainstream appeal.

“If I leave, it’s not just one disgruntled former fan; finding something else to do on Monday nights. Instead, losing a long-time, die-hard fan like me might well be an indication of a larger exodus from WWE. I guess we’ll see what tale the ratings tell. I want to stay. I really do. So please WWE – next week on WWE Raw… Just give me a reason.”

As we reported earlier, Foley also made it clear on Twitter he was disappointed with WWE not giving Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch enough time for their match on RAW.