PDA

View Full Version : Carmella Talks About Being Best Friends With Bayley, Idolizing Miss Elizabeth & More

Kemo
12-06-2015, 05:52 PM
K8D2hE7Ar-g

NXT Diva Carmella recently appeared as a guest on the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast and spoke about her previous jobs as a New England Patriots and Los Angeles Lakers cheerleader, working in NXT with Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady, being friends with NXT Women’s Champion Bayley and more. Below are some of the highlights from the interview.

On her father being a pro wrestler and a WWE enhancement talent when she was a kid:

“I grew up watching wrestling and in wrestling because my dad wrestled when I was younger. He wrestled independently and in the WWE in the ’90s, so it’s just bringing everything full circle being here in the WWE.” Carmella added, “when [Van Dale] does get a chance to see me, he’s so proud. And he watches NXT every single week and he’s always calling me [and] telling me what I’m doing right and what I’m doing wrong, so it’s really cool.”

On managing Enzo and Cass and being a wrestler, and not having a preference between the two:

“I feel so lucky because I get the best of both worlds. I get to go out and wrestle on my own, but I still get to be a part of Enzo and Cass, [which] as you said, is one of the biggest and most popular acts here in NXT, so I can’t just chose one. I really enjoy both, especially with my background cheering. I’m out there cheering on my boys! But I just love performing in front of the cameras, so when I’m out there and wrestling on my own too, it’s such a cool feeling, just all eyes are on me.” Carmella continued, “I’m so grateful and I have so much fun either way, so when I’m with the boys, I feel like I’m a certain character, but when I’m by myself, I have to kind of amp it up because I’m just out there by myself.”

On being best friends with current NXT Women’s Champion Bayley:

“I don’t know if you know that, but we’re Baymella. And we’re just super silly and crazy and we mess with people, like, on our little road trips to our shows all the time and we’re just messing with people any opportunity we can get, pranking people. That’s just what we do!”

On the Divas Revolution in WWE:

“When I first started [at WWE], it was just beginning of the Divas Revolution. I am just so excited to be able to have an opportunity to show that we’re athletes and we’re here to work hard and we’re not just here to have these little five-minute matches that are about how we look. It’s more than that.”

On growing up idolizing Miss Elizabeth and how she was influenced by her:

“Watching [professional wrestling] when I was younger, I idolized Miss Elizabeth. For me, I was like, ‘okay, that is a diva. That’s what I want to be.’ She’s classy and she always looked the part. She looked fabulous. And that to me, that is what I want to portray, so to be here now in this time with the Divas Revolution, it’s perfect for me.”