PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch On Origins Of “Lass Kicker,” How She Got Signed By WWE & More

Kemo
12-12-2015, 06:17 PM
MyjYHyfe-_8

WWE Diva Becky Lynch recently appeared as a guest on Chris Jericho’s Talk Is Jericho and spoke about the process of getting into WWE, picking her ring name and more. Below are some of the highlights from the interview.

On moving to Orlando to have TNA as a “Plan B”:

“Orlando was where TNA was at the time, so I was like, ‘oh, okay. If I’m in Orlando studying, I’ll have a Plan B and also I’ll be close to TNA.”

On the origins of the Lass Kicker nickname:

“I didn’t [come up with ‘Lass Kicker’]. I had my match with Sasha and then I woke up. And I was looking at my tweets that morning and there was a t-shirt with ‘Lass Kicker’ on it and I thought maybe Sheamus had a female version and then I thought, ‘but that’s kind of a bit weird if he has a t-shirt that’s ‘Lass Kicker” and I had no idea until I actually went on WWE Shop and saw that there was a ‘Lass Kicker’ t-shirt and I was like, ‘oh, that’s for me!'”

[B]On studying the art of clowning:

“What I loved about wrestling was just being foolish, so I studied clown. I studied clown. I studied the art of clown. I actually did my thesis on clown.” Lynch added, “I feel like you just become very vulnerable and it’s very honest.”

“Well, everybody thinks that you just do tricks and learn to juggle and this, that, and whatever, but no! It’s actually [a] really powerful acting technique because you put on this little red nose and it’s like an arrow to your eyes and they say that the eyes are the windows to the soul. It’s like people can see through you or you feel like that. There’s just this thing that comes over you when you have that little red nose on you.”

On her WWE tryout in Birmingham, England:

“It was just lots of drills, lots of rolls, [and] a lot of it came down to just cardio and just how you moved in the ring. And then promos, and so, promos are like my favorite thing in the world. And then just telling your story. And I think because I’d worked on my promos so much I just felt so happy to be back in the ring, whether I was good or not, it was just an energy.”

On getting signed right away but being told that Vince McMahon might only be looking for models:

“They said that they liked me and that I did well. They said, ‘we never know. They might just be looking for models, so it depends what day you show up on Vince [McMahon]’s desk’ and I was like, ‘okay’, but I had faith.”

On the origins of her WWE ring name and other choices she considered:

“I kind of wanted to keep my own name. Yes, my real name is Rebecca and I’ve got twenty-something years of putting my name into other words.” Lynch continued, “and then ‘Lynch’ was, they just needed Irish names and then ‘Lynch’ was just one that came up, but I remember the owner of the gym that I was training out of before I got my tryout. The name of the gym was Raw and his name was Lynch and I thought that was kind of a good omen.”

“Robin Daly was one of the names I wanted to pick because I could be all like, ‘I’m Robin Daly, like, I’m robbing daily.’ It could be a ‘daily thing’ [or] a ‘daily habit’.”

Will
12-13-2015, 11:10 PM
That's one of the dumbest catch phrases I've ever heard, I absolutely hate it.