PDA

View Full Version : Mauro Ranallo Comments On Becoming New Lead WWE SmackDown Announcer

Kemo
12-14-2015, 06:41 PM
As reported on Sunday night, WWE has hired well-known MMA, boxing and pro wrestling announcer Mauro Ranallo to become the new lead announcer for WWE SmackDown when the show moves to the USA Network in January.

Since the announcement has been made public, Ranallo spoke to Yahoo! Sports’ Kevin Iole about his new gig.

“People have called me a pro wrestling announcer and I think at times they weren’t intending to be complimentary in calling me that,” Ranallo said. “But I’d always thank them for that because at the end of the day, I am a pro wrestling announcer in terms of my passion and enthusiasm and telling stories. I love to paint word pictures with the incredible warriors who step into the ring or the cage with boxing, kick boxing and even the New Japan [wrestling show] with Josh Barnett I did. … Everyone knows my quirky sense of humor, my shtick, and I can be a ham as a performer. WWE said they want me to be who I am with a little tweaking.”

While it isn’t the norm, WWE is reportedly allowing Ranallo to continue his role as the Showtime boxing and GLORY Kickboxing announcer. There is no word on who will be replacing Ranallo as the NJPW announcer on AXS TV.