PDA

View Full Version : Finn Balor On Main Roster Possibly Being A “Step Back” From NXT, More

Kemo
12-14-2015, 06:50 PM
Finn Balor recently appeared as a guest on the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast to promote Wednesday’s NXT TakeOver: London live special on the WWE Network, where he will be defending the NXT Championship in the main event against Samoa Joe. Below are some of the highlights from the interview.

On the photo of him doing the D-X “crotch chop” to the TNA offices:

“Everyone kind of took it for what it was and it was just a bit of fun. It was literally a complete potluck. We arrived in Nashville, they dropped us off at a gym because we [had] four hours to kill, [and] the gym was below the TNA office. By coincidence, the bus pulled up right outside the sign. I was like, ‘that’s the TNA sign!'” Bálor added, “all the boys were busy pulling their bags out from under the bus and stuff and I had one thing on my mind: retweets.”

On the “too sweet” hand gesture and why he continues to use it in WWE:

“It was something that when I came here, I thought, like, ‘I’m not going to do that anymore’ and [Triple H] threw it up one time, so I was like, ‘oh, I’ll give it to you.’ And then I consciously stopped doing it in the ring, but so many fans are throwing it up, so I was like, ‘I’ll give you one here. I’ll give you one there.'”

On why moving to the main WWE roster might be a step back from being in NXT:

“I really believe that what we’re doing here in the [WWE] Performance Center [and] what we’re doing with NXT is something that’s going to be remembered for years. I feel like to get quote, unquote called up to the main roster would be, maybe, like a step back for my career right [now]. Obviously, instant gratification, you get called up to the main roster, that’s great, but I think what we’re doing here in NXT will stand longer in history as kind of like a revolutionary period and to kind of pull myself out of that would be detrimental to my career in the long term.”

Smartmark
12-14-2015, 06:55 PM
Balor is without a doubt one of the the greatest wrestlers today, and WWE would be vice to use him properly on the main roster, and not as a jobber for years.