PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Talks Retirement, Molding Talent & More

Kemo
12-15-2015, 01:33 AM
John Cena recently spoke with the Wall Street Journal to promote his role in the new comedy movie Sisters. Cena has been away from WWE television since Hell in a Cell back in October and commented on his eventual retirement from the ring.

During the final stretch of his WWE career, Cena is looking to change gears and spend as much time as he can molding younger talent. After that, he says he’d be interested in sitting behind the announcer’s desk.

“I’ve always sworn to myself that if I can’t keep up with the current level athletically, it’s my time to take another role, whether that’s commentating on the matches or stepping behind the curtain and molding younger talent,” Cena said.

“I always want to do whatever I can to help the industry. I see firsthand how happy we make kids and families. When you get a kid to sit down and have a conversation with [their] Superman, it’s the coolest thing. It makes their day. That’s a pretty cool, unique thing.”

Cena also talked about his transition from action films to comedies like Sisters and Trainwreck.

“You run from explosions, beat people up. I do that now with 20,000 people cheering me on every night,” Cena said of the action roles “not making much sense” to him.