PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho On Legitimacy Of WWE’s Drug Testing, His Friends On Current WWE Roster

Kemo
12-26-2015, 04:08 AM
WWE Hall Of Famer Chris Jericho recently spoke about the legitimacy of WWE’s drug and concussion testing policies, as well as his current travel buddies on the active WWE roster. Below are some of the highlights from the interview.

On who he hangs out with when he’s on the road with WWE these days:

“When I go on the road [with WWE now], I hang out with [Sami] Zayn, and Neville, and the Usos, and big uce, [Roman] Reigns, and [Dean] Ambrose, and Seth [Rollins], and [Dolph] Ziggler, Miz. Those guys are my friends and they’re all 10 years younger than me, but that’s who I hang out with because all the guys that I know are pretty much gone. They’re either retired or dead.”

On the legitimacy of WWE’s drug testing and concussion policies:

“The testing is real. Concussion testing. Heart testing. Everything is very, very strict because [WWE] wanted to stop guys from basically dying at a young age and wanted to take control of it.”

On nearly being suspended for testing for elevated levels of testosterone, as WWE requires a a T/E ratio of 4:1 or less:

“I kept getting readings of 10:1, 8:1, 9:1. And the guy finally called me. He said, ‘listen, you [have] got another elevated level.’ I said, ‘okay, listen, I know that you think that I’m on something, but I’m not, so if I wasn’t on something, what could this be?’.” Jericho continued, “he goes, ‘well, you probably have a tumor.’ I’m like, ‘what?’ He goes, ‘you probably have a tumor.’ Like what kind of doctor says that, ‘oh, you probably have a tumor’?”

On his reaction when he was told he might be suspended despite WWE finding out that he naturally produces elevated levels of testosterone:

“I said, ‘you can’t suspend me! It’s like suspending me for having a naturally big nose! Like, it’s natural! You can’t suspend me, you dummy!’ But that’s how strict the testing is.”