PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Brookside On Getting Hired By WWE, His Friendship With William Regal & More

Kemo
01-11-2016, 01:29 AM
QzhEuOB2Vvo

WWE Performance Center coach and WWE Breaking Ground personality Robbie Brookside recently appeared as a guest on Chris Jericho’s “Talk Is Jericho” podcast.

During the interview, which was recorded at the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, Brookside spoke about getting his job with WWE, noting that they originally brought him in for a six month trial period. Three months into the trial period, he was asked to stay another six months and that turned into two years.

Brookside also spoke about his friendship with NXT General Manager William Regal, someone that he admits he has a lot to thank for. He spoke about taking Regal under his wing several years back when both were in England, and that Regal has returned the favor many times by getting him work in WCW and WWE.

“Darren, I call him Darren, is my best mate, without a shadow of a doubt. We’ve always kept in touch over the years through thick and thin,” said Brookside. “There’ve been times where he’s needed a shoulder to cry on, and for someone to back him up, and I’ve done the same as well, and he’s been there all the way.”

Brookside continued, “He’s married and he’s got three children, and I remember when Daniel was born. I was staying at their house before they were married, we go back that far. He’s almost like an uncle, but I’m two or three years older. But I always feel ten years younger.”