PDA

View Full Version : Ric Flair Speaks On “Mortifying” List Of Injured Wrestlers In WWE, More

Kemo
01-19-2016, 07:51 AM
Ric Flair says that while he acknowledges his WWE employment discourages him from seriously criticizing them on his podcast, he doesn’t have much bad to say about them anyway. In an interview with The Miami Herald, The Nature Boy says the “mortifying” list of injured wrestlers is reason for critics to cut WWE some slack.

“[Podcasts] can be very lucrative,” Flair said. “I’m heading down to do one right now with Chris Jericho. It’s fun, and you learn form them. My problem is I can’t critique the [WWE] show, because my daughter’s on the show, and I’m still actively working for the company. The other guys who do podcasts can critique the show, but I wouldn’t be caught dead doing that."

“Actually, I don’t have anything negative to say about it anyway,” Flair continued, “but if there was something I thought, I couldn’t possibly say it, because I would basically be cracking on the hand that feeds me. I don’t feel like there’s anything negative on the show anyways… If anyone really took a look at the injuries on our roster right now, it’s mortifying. Seth Rollins, John Cena, Randy Orton, Cesaro, [Daniel Bryan, Tyson Kidd]. A lot of guys to lose. Rusev is hurt right now, but I don’t know to what extent. Sasha’s hurt. Paige has got a concussion. It’s a lot going on.”

With so many pro wrestlers suffering some serious injuries, Flair is asked about his daughter’s career as a wrestler in WWE. Here’s what the 16-time champ had to say:

“Believe it or not guys, it’s not because of me,” Flair noted. “She’s a better athlete than I ever was all day long. She’s done a fabulous job. Her work ethic is second to none. She works out everyday. She’d rather be dead than miss a workout. She’s on tour in India right now for the week. I’m not sure what the training facilities are like there, but I guarantee you, if there’s a gym in New Delhi, she will find it."

“She had a lot of choices,” he said. “She picked volleyball, but she could have done any Division I sport. Track & field, too.”