PDA

View Full Version : The Big Show Discusses Almost Leaving WWE in 2007 For A Boxing Career

Kemo
01-23-2016, 09:59 PM
The Big Show recently spoke about when he considered leaving WWE to pursue a career in boxing back in 2007. In an interview with SB Nation, Big Show revealed the incident that scared him out of the career switch. Big Show says that while sparring with super heavyweight TJ Wilson, he got hit so hard he completely blacked out and suffered memory loss.

“I remember trapping [Wilson] in the comer, him getting out of the corner, and then I remember waking up in my Hummer with the keys in the ignition. Apparently, they had taken my gloves off, called the match, and I had taken my bag and walked out of the gym and was sitting in my car with the car running when I woke up… It scared the s–t out of me.”

Show never left pro wrestling for boxing, but did face off against Floyd Mayweather in a WWE feud in 2008. Big Show suffered a broken nose after instructing Floyd Mayweather to punch him for real in their scripted TV segment.