PDA

View Full Version : Nikki Bella Undergoing Neck Surgery On Wednesday, Career Might Be Over

Kemo
01-25-2016, 11:41 PM
Former WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella will undergo neck surgery on Wednesday and the procedure could spell the end of her in-ring career. In an exclusive interview with E! Online, the Total Divas star spoke candidly about the extent of her injury.

“I have basically a broken neck, a pretty bad herniated disk,” Nikki explained. “What makes mine a little bit difficult than most people is that I have some disk behind my vertebrae so with a lot of prayers we’re gonna pray that the doctors can get the piece behind my vertebrae with just a bone fusion.”

The bone fusion procedure will take two hours. She’ll spend a day or two in the hospital and then will have to wear a neck brace for three months. After 6 months, she will undergo yet another x-ray and only then will doctors know if she’ll be able to wrestle again .

“There is a potential that this is career-ending,” Nikki explained. “We will only know that when I get out of surgery on Wednesday and then basically how the bone heals Wednesday. So that’s been tough but I truly have such hope that I will get to compete in that ring another day, I really do.”

Nikki confirmed that her Rack Attack finisher has contributed to the deterioration of her neck and she won’t be performing the move even if she does eventually get medically cleared.

This isn't the end for me. This is the beginning of a new chapter, of a test of will and strength. This is my comeback.

— Nikki & Brie (@BellaTwins) January 25, 2016