PDA

View Full Version : Zack Sabre Jr. Says He’s In No Rush To Join WWE

Kemo
02-11-2016, 04:42 AM
Sports Illustrated’s Extra Mustard blog has published an interview with British wrestling sensation Zack Sabre Jr. The 28-year old has been honing his craft for 12 years and is seen as one of the best technical wrestlers on the planet.

Sabre got to meet Triple H and William Regal for the first time backstage at an EVOLVE show during Royal Rumble weekend. Sabre said he was blown away at how big Triple H is and gives him a lot of credit for keeping his ear to the ground and scouting the next generation of wrestling superstars. Despite growing up as a WWE fan and having a ton of respect for their role as the industry leader, he doesn’t feel that he has to ‘main event WrestleMania’ to feel successful.

“The WWE is fantastic, but you have to go in with the right mindset. If I went there, then I would be aware that I would be working for a company that is predominantly television-minded. You can’t be naive when you enter there and expect to be doing what you’re doing on a live show in front of a few hundred people who are all real passionate wrestling fans.

But their product is great, and it’s an incredible weekly television show. If you want to succeed, you can if you have the right mindset. I also feel there is so much more to achieve and learn, on a personal level as well, for me in Japan. With my style, I really think I can go anyway.”

Other topics discussed include his in-ring influences, NXT Champion Finn Balor, AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura. It’s a worthwhile interview with a phenomenal talent – check it out at SI.com.