PDA

View Full Version : Wade Barrett Comments On His Future With WWE (Update)

Kemo
02-17-2016, 09:49 PM
Update: Wade Barrett has responded to the reports that he has ‘given notice’ to WWE and will be leaving the company when his contract expires in the next few months. He tweeted late Tuesday night:

I unexpectedly received a lot of very nice messages from people today. Thank you to everyone who took the time to write some kind words.

— Stu Bennett (@WadeBarrett) February 17, 2016

I'll comment further at a more appropriate time, but for now I'm 100% focused on doing my job for @WWE. See you at #FastLane on Sunday.

— Stu Bennett (@WadeBarrett) February 17, 2016

Original Story: “King” Wade Barrett has given WWE notice that he will not be signing a new contract when his current deal expires around June-July, as first reported at ProWrestlingSheet.

The League of Nations member reportedly told WWE officials that he’s no longer enjoying his role with the company and feels it’s the right time to move on with his career.

Barrett has been a mainstay on WWE television since his NXT debut back in 2010. After winning the first season of NXT and leading the hot Nexus invasion storyline during his rookie year, he’d go on to capture the Intercontinental championship five times.