PDA

View Full Version : Godfather To Be Inducted In WWE Hall Of Fame This Year

Kemo
02-22-2016, 08:52 PM
6ZFdD_h8Ddo

On Monday, Jonathan Snowden of Bleacher Report confirmed that The Godfather (Charles Wright) will be joining the WWE Hall of Fame’s Class of 2016. Wright spoke to Bleacher Report about the news and revealed the origin of the Godfather character.

“I told Rock one day ‘when you address me in the ring, call me the Godfather.’ He was like ‘what?’ And I said ‘just do it.’ And I was called the Godfather from that point on. And I started slowly developing that character. It got some legs underneath it and it took off."

“You could actually feel the breathe from 18,000 people as they repeated [his catch phrase Pimpin’ Aint Easy]. It was crazy. Vince (McMahon) told me ‘Charles, you ought to be paying me.’ And you know what? He was right. That was the best thing to ever happen to me."

He went on to say that of all the gimmicks he’s had in wrestling (including Papa Shango and Kama), The Godfather is the closest to his actual personality. “That’s my personality, that’s my silliness. That’s my colorfulness. Those are my clothes. I am the Godfather. That’s just Charles Wright playing Charles Wright and being called the Godfather.” Wright will be inducted by JBL and Ron Simmons.

Congrats to the Godfather!

WWE also confirmed the news on Monday afternoon.

BREAKING: #TheGodfather will be inducted into the @WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2016! https://t.co/ow4qvLo5HM pic.twitter.com/pxfrl8fvpl

— WWE (@WWE) February 22, 2016

the madscotsman
02-23-2016, 02:08 PM
I don't think he deserves it, I don't think he has had a Halle of Fame career. There are a lot of other people that deserve to be in the WWE Hall of Fame before him. I also don't think a PG company who pride themselves on family entertainment should be inducting a pimp into their Hall of Fame.

Smartmark
02-23-2016, 07:45 PM
^^ Over half of the people already in HOF doesn't deserve ot be their either

the madscotsman
02-24-2016, 02:29 PM
^^ Over half of the people already in HOF doesn't deserve ot be their either
I know that and I agree with you, but do they really need to make it worse by adding more?
Lou Thesz isn't even in the hall of fame.

Kemo
02-24-2016, 07:30 PM
I don't think he deserves it, I don't think he has had a Halle of Fame career. There are a lot of other people that deserve to be in the WWE Hall of Fame before him. I also don't think a PG company who pride themselves on family entertainment should be inducting a pimp into their Hall of Fame.

I agree. When I heard about it, I said to myself "he didn't have a HOF career". Tons of people more deserving.

Travicity
02-25-2016, 03:39 AM
Well tbh it seems silly but Godfather has been around for a long ass time with a lot of gimmicks.

Smartmark
02-25-2016, 04:15 AM
^^ Then they should induct him as himself (Charles Wright) not one of his gimmicks. The Hall Of Fame ceremony is the only night of the year that WWE actually breaks kayfabe, so I don't understand why they induct one of his gimmicks, and not the actual person that has portrayed many different wrestlers.

When that is said. I still don't think he deserves it

Kemo
02-25-2016, 04:22 AM
Well tbh it seems silly but Godfather has been around for a long ass time with a lot of gimmicks.

Baron Smedly
The Godfather
The Goodfather
Kama Mustafa
Papa Shango
Pimp Father
Rocky Las Vegas
Sir Charles
The Soultaker

Still not HOF worthy. Barry Horowitz..deserves it more..

Travicity
02-25-2016, 05:18 AM
Could be the start of Attitude Era HOF. Gangrel and D-Lo Brown pls

Kemo
02-25-2016, 04:27 PM
Could be the start of Attitude Era HOF. Gangrel and D-Lo Brown pls

:facepalm: