PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart Speaks Candidly About His Recovery From Prostate Cancer

Kemo
03-02-2016, 10:42 PM
WWE.com has published a new interview with WWE Hall of Famer Bret “The Hitman” Hart, who spoke candidly about his battle with prostate cancer.

Bret had his prostate removed last month as part of his treatment. His doctors believe the cancer was contained in his prostate and he should be fine as long as he gets his blood work checked every few months in the coming years.

Bret said he decided to go public about his condition to raise awareness about the illness. He encourages all men in their 50’s, 40’s and younger to get checked.

“Ultimately, I’m hoping that my voice may cause men to get checked and save some lives in the years ahead,” Bret said. “There are no symptoms of prostate cancer. If I hadn’t been getting checked on a regular basis, I wouldn’t have known. That’s where men make the mistake. They say, ‘I feel good, so I’m not going to get checked.’

If it happened to a healthy guy like me, who is physically fit and whose dad lived to be 90, it can happen to anybody. It’s easy to get checked with simple blood work.”