PDA

View Full Version : Nia Jax Talks About Her Modeling Career, The Rock Helping Her Get Into WWE

Kemo
03-11-2016, 06:01 PM
MaEBMzapCbA

NXT Diva Nia Jax recently spoke with Jim Varsallone of the Miami Herald about her time in NXT thus far, training at the WWE Performance Center and doing plus-size modeling before joining WWE. Here are some highlights of what she said about:

The Rock Helping Her Get Into WWE:

“We talked about it, and I was going to attend Uncle Afa wrestling school [in Minneola, Florida],” Nia said. “[The Rock] got word of what I was doing, and he heard about the Performance Center opening up, and he thought maybe I should tryout there and see if it was exactly what I wanted to do. After the tryout, they said, ‘We’d like to have you come on board.’”

Her Modeling Career:

“Not everybody is made to be a size 0 or a size 4, and I’m not saying there is anything wrong with being a size 0 or a size 4. Being my [plus] size is something I’ve had to deal with my whole life. I’ve always been the big girl. I’ve always had curves, and I never could relate to any of the girls like the Victoria Secret models. Once I realized, when I became a plus-size model, that there were more women like me, my confidence immediately shot through the roof. When I was able to walk out there and show younger girls, who are like me when I was their age — who didn’t see girls who are curvier being put in a beautiful light — it just made me think that I have to be able to show these girls that they are just as beautiful as the girls who are size 0.”