PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Owens Interview: WrestleMania, Blocking People On Twitter, AJ Styles’ Haircut

Kemo
03-25-2016, 05:21 PM
WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens appeared on CBS Radio 106.7 The Fan DC’s Chad Dukes Wrestling Show this past week to promote Sunday’s Live Event at the Verizon Center in Washington DC and of course, WrestleMania. Here are some highlights:

– Owens has wanted to be a pro wrestler since the age of 11 when he saw a tape of WrestleMania XI. To now be a part of the biggest WrestleMania of all time is a dream come true. He plans to make an impact and get people talking.

– He’ll be defending his IC title against not just one opponent at “KO Mania” but 6 – in a ladder match. He feels like he’s elevated the prestige of the belt over the past year and he understands that everybody wants to make a name for themselves off his hard work.

“That’s all well and good,” he said. “People might think that being a seven man ladder match for the Intercontinental Title works to my disadvantage but it’s just more bodies for me to attack with ladders and once I’m standing over them proudly with the Intercontinental title raised proudly above my head, I show everybody KO Mania’s all about, I feel like all those guys will realize what a mistake they made.”

– He does have some respect for AJ Styles. He said AJ is a tremendous performer, he’s a great athlete, but he’s got the same haircut as his aunt – and that’s unforgivable. “I’m sorry but it’s true. That’s the truth. My aunt’s like in her fifties and she’s a woman. AJ Styles is not a woman and he’s not in his fifties and I feel like that haircut’s unacceptable. But I feel like it could work to his opponent’s advantage once in a while because it gets in his eyes and he can’t see.”

– Owens’ WWE heel character shines on Twitter with his funny remarks and his frequent banning of fools who talk trash to him. “I block lot of people. As many people I respond to, I block way more people. Like anybody that says anything that I feel is disrespectful in any way, I block. I’ve blocked people for saying I was their second favorite wrestler. You’re blocked.” He added that blocking people gets them even more riled up. It’s a vicious cycle, but he enjoys it.